Nearly 6 months since the birth of sweet Taylee Mae we are starting to feel like the ground isn't shifting so much beneath our feet. I always find myself grasping for more time with my precious babies during the first few whirlwind months. Dax and I were discussing Taylee's teething woes and he said, "I can't believe she is old enough for teeth." Me neither. My heart aches every day with a desire to keep my kids little. When did I get a 4-year old? (sigh) Such is life.
Taylee is continuing to grow nice and plump, and we all adore her. Looking at her can always bring a smile to my face. I don't know what we would do without her. She has rolled from stomach to back 2 times, and I missed them both. She's nearly sitting up by herself.
Hayden is still loving legos. His friend Addie gave him another set and he was thrilled. He has discovered he loves PBS kids and is constantly begging me to play games or watch videos on it. He is really into Wild Kratts. Kyra is more excited about learning to read than he is, but his lessons are coming along. Fun to see him catch on. English is such a ridiculous language though. Way too many exceptions to rules, and over complicated rules. Poor kid.
I taught READY! for Kindergarten in Othello for 3 days the first part of the month. I enjoy it. I also gave a nutrition presentation for our Relief Society activity. It was good to refresh my knowledge and spend time getting up to speed on health and nutrition. I am now mustering up the courage to tackle more home projects. After painting the laundry room yellow and the kids' bathroom 'kilim beige' I lost motivation. We had homemade chicken nuggets and joe joe's last night for dinner and they were a big hit. I have never bought fries or chicken nuggets from the store in my entire married life, so the kids thought it was like eating at a restaurant. I am getting out of my 'make what is easy ' rut and am back into adding variety to the menu-it's lovely. Dax even reluctantly ate salmon for me the other night. :)
Dax continues to get the least amount of sleep of us all, and doesn't complain. He works so hard and I am constantly amazed at his earnest desires to improve his company culture. He was recently called as young men's president, so he has been extra busy lately. He loved not having to worry about contacts on a camp out with the young men. He has willingly started watching Downton Abbey with me. We just started the 2nd season.

0 comments:
Post a Comment