This year for Valentine's Day we kept the same traditions as last year. The kids enjoyed them. We had heart shaped pancakes with whipped cream and raspberries for breakfast. Lunch was heart shaped sandwiches. Dinner was heart shaped pizza (which Hayden informed me I failed at this year, they didn't look like hearts) and strawberries for dinner. I added jello with whipped cream for dinner, but no one besides Kyra really cared for it so I will opt out of that one next year.
The only thing we didn't get to do was balloons. Last year I let the kids choose a Valentine balloon at the dollar store, and this year they were out of balloons AND helium! Talk about under planning for your holiday! The kids had a hard time forgiving that one, it was probably what they looked forward to more than anything.
Dax got a german chocolate cake (his favorite). We also wrote things we love about him and put them in balloons for him to pop. I got exactly what I wanted: chip and mint ice cream.
I decided I need to get more creative when it comes to holidays.

0 comments:
Post a Comment