Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Time Rolls On

We don't have anyone in school or any other time commitment activity, but our little family still seems to be plenty busy with everyday life.  Here's the latest from the bunch:

Taylee
I turned around and she was sitting on the kitchen table one day, and now it is a daily habit.  Obviously we've got to be better about keeping the table cleared off when she is awake.

Hair still too short for a pony tail

She slides down the stairs faster than the older two, I have to hold my breath if I am watching because I worry so much that she will catch a stair and start flipping down.

Common words from her mouth are please, thank you, me, mama, dada, uuuhhhuuu(no), banana, and cheese.  All in toddler form of course-it is adorable!

Her personality is starting to really show...we detect a little bit of fiery red, but she is still such a sweet heart.

She LOVES the outdoors.  If she hears the door open she comes a runnin' and tries to sneak (or force) her way out.

Is our second little mother around here.  The fights over Kyra's baby dolls are nearly constant these days.  Santa won't have any questions about what to get the girls.

Kyra
The ultimate little mother.  She is always nurturing something.  Or playing teacher to her children.  Or loading a backpack of things that her babies need for a trip.  I find bags of random things ALL THE TIME.  I can't keep up with getting it all put away.

Outpaces any boy I know in a dirtiest child contest.  You always know exactly what she has eaten, or touched, or played with.

Has a crazy habit of talking through her teeth when she feels all the attention is on her.  I am trying to remain patient and convince everyone else that she really can talk very well when she wants to.

Got eye paint when we went to the gymnastics gym with the Nelsons for the afternoon.  She was ecstatic.

 Fell asleep like this on the way to family pictures.  Hilarious! 


Hayden
He is starting to deep think about nearly everything.  It is always interesting to see what he will say.  He is too smart sometimes.

Takes it as his personal responsibility as older brother to tease his sisters to no end.  Mainly Kyra.  The ironic thing is he can also be so protective of them.

Is (finally!) starting to catch the vision of reading.  It is so fun to watch him see the world open up to him.  Inch by inch.
 
Dax
Works his tail off at work, as Young Men's president, and as a husband and father.  He recently decided he wants to take up hunting small game.  I guess if he wants to go out and freeze his tail off, who am I to stop him?  

Bought me my "home defense" weapon:  a 20-gauge rifle.  It is actually a lot of fun to shoot.
I am finally assuming a routine for exercise.  I have noticed an enormous difference in my moods.  I am a much better mama when I feel good about where I am at physically and spiritually.  If all goes well I am done before the kids wake up, but other days I have 3 munchkins dancing around (and on) me.

Pretty sure I broke my little toe .  It got much worse than this, but thankfully it isn't too essential to normal functioning. :)

Photo dump of other random happenings:

We made it out a little late to do some end-of-the-year yardwork.  It was C-O-L-D.
 Hayden played soccer!  It was a learning experience for all of us.  I think he enjoyed it towards the end.
 The horse won't be able to fit all 3 of them at once for much longer.
Nicole had shoulder surgery so she was in Washington for a few weeks and we got to see her regularly!  She took the kids and I to Blue Palm for the most expensive frozen treat the kids have ever had.  Obviously it was not hard to buy her way into favorite aunt status.
 I love when we leave from Grandparents' in the evening and it looks like this when we get home.
 Fall fun in the leaves.  They were very fun to play in, and VERY annoying to transfer to the garden once sopping wet.  If I had a penny for every leaf, I would be insanely rich right now.
 Hayden decided he wanted to sell the extra gourds from the garden.  Dax told him if he loaded them up in a wagon he would walk around to the neighbors with him.  3 for $1.  They earned about $10, and I am pretty sure the neighbors didn't buy them because they were excited about the gourds.  They are just nice.  Easiest money the kids have earned.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

I love seeing how wonderful your family is doing. Your kids are so adorable. I really really like your family pictures!