Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Walnut Canyon

Yesterday Dax had the day off so we took advantage of the nice hiking weather and went to Walnut Canyon. The hike down to the Indian Caves is closed because of a landslide, but we hiked a little bit around the rim and had lunch. It was nice to get out and do something.




Yesterday Dax felt the baby move for the first time as well! He was pretty excited. I was surprised because the baby hasn't been kicking really hard, but when Dax put his hand on my stomach the baby kicked really hard, it was funny.
We also found out before we went to bed last night that somehow we got a little hole in our air mattress (hmm...could it be that fact that they probably aren't meant to be slept on every night?) Half-way through the night we woke up without much air in the bed. Dax decided to fill it back up and then sleep on the floor, that way it would stay decently inflated so that I could be more comfortable. In the middle of the night I was so out of it that I didn't think about how sweet that was!
Dax is leaving tomorrow morning to go to Illinois for a competition. He worked on a mini baja car (similar to a little dune buggy) all last school year and he gets to go and compete it against over 150 other schools. He is excited for it because he put A LOT of work into the car. He won't be back until Sunday. My sister Nicole is coming to stay for a couple of days, which will be fun. It will definitely be nice not to have to be alone for all of those days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer you look great, I can't even tell you are pregnant in that picture. Oh, the joys of air mattresses:) My brother did those mini baja car things, he really enjoyed it I think. That will be nice to have company while he is gone.

Hermana Briggs' madre :) said...

Jen,
We are so excited you are having a boy! Congratulations. Tell Dax we think it was very chivalrous of him to sleep on the floor. What a great guy. Wish I could be there this weekend. Ok, there and in Texas! Hope you have fun.

Mak Attack said...

I didn't know you had a blog until I stumbled onto it when I was on mom and dad's computer. Jen, most women who aren't expecting would love to look like you when you are!

The Price Family said...

It's so great to see that you guys have a blog. Congrats on being pregnant(I didn't know) but Derek I think did and forgot to mention it. Thats exciting it will be a boy.
Derek & Jodi

The Abegglens said...

Hey I just gound you blog. I had no idea you were pregnant. That's so exciting. What part of Arizona are you in? I'm adding you to my blog if that's cool?

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

I didn't know whose blog i ended up on, but its jennifers lol.
That's crazy. Congrats on the pregnancy! This is Monica Lybbert by the way. aka Monica DeHaan
My blog is dehaan-lybbert.blogspot.com
Have a great summer!