Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Finally an Internship

Today was the first day of my internship at the Children's Health Center! It's been a long time coming...I've been waiting on paperwork to go through for 3 weeks. I must say, after staying at home all day for the last several weeks I was completely exhausted after only being there 4 hours! One good thing about not getting paid for the internship is that I can say, "Ok, I'm done for the day!" and not feel guilty about it. Another good thing about not getting paid is that they are willing to let me find my own interests within the Children's Health Center and then spend time doing what I enjoy. Hopefully I learn many things that will help me if I ever need to work in the future.

One of the ladies I am working with noticed that I am pregnant! She was taking me on a tour through a part of the hospital and out of nowhere said, "So you're pregnant?" I must have looked at her in complete shock because she put her hand to her mouth as if she had just made a mistake. I admitted that I was, but told her I was so shocked because I hadn't really told anyone. I figured I must be showing enough that it is obvious now. She told me that she couldn't tell that I was pregnant until we were walking down the hall and she noticed that I was walking differently than the other women and so she assumed I was pregnant. Kind of a weird way to determine if someone is pregnant! However, I have noticed that it seems like I throw my shoulders back lately, even though I feel like my back is pretty straight.

Other news: the blazer has been begging for retirement. I went out to start it last week and it was completely dead. Dax jumped it and took it to work the next morning, but he had to jump it again when he left work. The next morning we had the same problem. The good news is that after we flipped a switch so that the lights would always stay off on the inside of the blazer we have been able to fix the problem. I actually didn't mind when Dax had to jump the blazer because he would take it to work and leave the air conditioned car for me! Normally it is impractical for him to take the blazer because he goes on the freeway, and let's just say the blazer doesn't enjoy going that fast. We are grateful for a car that we can depend on now and when the blazer really does go into retirement.

Yesterday for Family Home Evening we made up poems together. We would each take a turn making up a line and then switching who got to start at every stanza. It was so fun! I would recommend it for couples (and families) who want a good laugh and some silly poems to keep for the future.

6 comments:

Brian and Jennifer said...

Hey guys,

I ran acrossed your blog through someone else's, so I guess you can say I'm being nosy. But being Dax's neighbor my whole life, don't I have that right?? Anyways, sounds like the two of you are doing great and enjoying the married life. So fun that you're expecting. Hopre things continue to go well. Take care. Jennifer http://bjljkl.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is a weird way to tell if somebody is pregnant, I would be nervous to ask the person going only by the way she walks. People at work still accuse me of walking like I am pregnant. Of course they think I am a baby machine and ask me everytime they see me if I am ready for another one:) What is it that you are doing at the children's health center I don't even know what your major is:)

Phil and Holly said...

Congrats on the baby boy, I'm so excited for you guys. Our time is getting closer, and Holly is getting big, its fun. How do you guys like flagstaff, I was looking at a possible job opportunity there..
-phil-

Mak Attack said...

Let's hope that "reliable car" remains reliable for a long time :). Your blog is looking pretty fancy Jen. Sometime you'll have to teach me. Have you ever installed the scrapbook software mom gave you for Christmas? I'm really having fun with it. In fact, it keeps me up too late at night. Love you guys, Makala

Papa Wells said...

Jen, your blog looks so nice. I love the pics. I did add some to mine. Thanks for the tips and hope to have some pics soon. Dad

Josh said...

So... I have to comment on old reliable, because the BLAZER is just that, reliable. I hope that you kids will have the experience of driving such a fine specimen of the auto industry. A car like that can only bring out the best in an individual... love, respect, patience, and humility. I believe that the only way to completely honor such a decorated career as the Well's vehicle is to mount its' shiney chrome bumper above your family fireplace for generations to remember its' excellence.
By the way Jennifer, congrats on the internship!