Wednesday, February 18, 2009

28 Hour Getaway

We kind of decided on short notice to go and visit my grandparents in Grace, Idaho and go snowmobiling with some friends, Ben and Natalie. We left on Sunday afternoon and got to my grandparents in time for dinner. We enjoyed the evening with them. My grandparents are always such great hosts, and it was the first time they had seen Hayden so it was a special visit. After breakfast the next morning we took off to the Bear Lake area to go snowmobiling. It was so much fun! Natalie's mother graciously watched Hayden for us so that we could go. There are some fun mountains to play in right by Natalie's house. I didn't realize how cautious I am now that I have a baby. I kept telling Dax to be careful and to not do anything crazy because we had someone waiting for us back at the house. I guess being a parent does that to you. I hadn't been snowmobiling in so long. There were some crazy hills and jumps up in the mountain, and there was plenty of snow to make it possible. There were acres and acres of open land to snowmobile in. They actually call the place where we went Play Basin. Besides the journey up and down the mountain (there was 1 foot between the snowmobile and a cliff drop off) it was a great time!

Afterward we helped (well, mainly Ben and Dax)feed the cows, bulls, and sheep. Dax was having a hay day. He misses being able to do that kind of stuff on the farm. He wants to have some land and a few (meaning like 5) animals some day. It definitely brought back a lot of memories being in an old farm truck and driving around with hay bales in the back. Good times.

From the time we left to the time we returned it was almost exactly 28 hours. We still had an amazing time and were so glad we decided to get away for a little while. It was a much needed break!





2 comments:

Samantha said...

That looks like fun! I've never been on a snow mobile before and I lived in Idaho for how long? It's good to see that you guys are taking advantage of those mountains!

Anonymous said...

I am totally the same way. Now that we have kids I am a total pansy and am not near as adventurous as I used to be. Funny how that works. That's cool about Dax's acceptance to BYU and about his bball team!