I HATE needles and knives, especially when it comes to the those objects puncturing my skin. I've always hated shots. Asking me to give a tiny vial of blood to run some tests is one of the worst things I could hear from a doctor. I have never and will never give blood; I assure you that I would pass out from having a needle in me and then a tube draining my blood for that long. Dax is the same as well. He won't ever give blood because he hates needles, and he hates to get shots as well. I was a little woozy all through labor just because in the back of my head I knew that there was a tube sticking out of me from where they had stuck a needle into my vein. I tried really hard not to look at it, and the dried blood surrounding the site. It wasn't that hard to say no to an epidural even when I was in immense pain because one thought of a huge needle being stuck in my back is far less pleasant to me than going through the pain. Anyway, long story short, needles and I don't mix.
I realized at Hayden's 4 month appointment the other day that he inherited Dax's and my intense dislike of needles. As soon as he gets stuck with the needles he cries so loudly and so sadly. It's like all of the trust we've been building up over his short life is swept away with two pokes in the thigh. We couldn't calm him down afterward, he cried all the way home, and then cried until I was able to feed him and then fell asleep. When he woke up he was ok, but he still wasn't the same all day. Poor boy, he dislikes needles as much as I do. Maybe he'll be lucky and outgrow it, but if he's anything like me (or Dax) I doubt it.
In other news, Hayden is growing well! He weighs 17.1 lbs and is 27 3/4 inches long. It has been fun to watch him climb the charts. He is such a big boy, he doesn't even look like the tiny thing I gave birth to 4 months ago.
One thing that people tell us all the time lately is how expressive Hayden is with his eye brows. I guess I just see it everyday so I didn't realize it until several people had told me. I'll try and get some pictures that really portray it, but it's not that easy.
Dax and I both have major tests this weekend (go figure that they just happen to fall on Valentine's weekend). We're hoping to get through them and then have time to enjoy the weekend!



1 comments:
Wow he's putting on the pounds and inches! He's a cutie! I hope he's feeling better now. Shots are definitely worse when it's for your baby.
Post a Comment