Monday, April 12, 2010

18 Months

Hayden is now 18 months old. Crazy how fast the time flies. He is growing like crazy, in all areas it seems. At his appointment he was 35 inches long and was a couple of ounces shy of 27 lbs. In the last couple of weeks he has started to try and repeat any words he hears, it is cute. He is still missing a few sounds, but he does a pretty good job of pronouncing words he hears. He is into everything that he sees big people do. He came out of my room the other day holding my earrings up to his ears. :) He has figured out how to scale the oven/cupboards, and can now get into the food cupboards by himself. Every time I think I've figured out a way to keep him out of something he figures out a way around it.

Hayden LOVES to be outside. So much so that no matter how long we've been outside (like at the park) he has a meltdown when we leave. Other than being mad at me for keeping him indoors, he is the happiest and sweetest little guy ever. He comes up to me and gives me big hugs and kisses just when I need them.

Hayden's other loves are balls, trucks/tractors, and animals. I was so surprised the other day when he could differentiate between a football game and a basketball game without me telling him. He loves seeing the birds outside our apartment, and says hi to them every time we pass. He is still the most social little guy. He loves to wave and say hi to everyone. He is beginning to love interacting with other kids his size. The nursery leaders keep telling me how easy going he is in nursery and how he will always share and take turns, which is such a relief.

We love Hayden so much and can't imagine our family without him.

We went to the Bean Museum, and Hayden loved seeing the animals (after he realized the big ones weren't going to move).



At the park.







Hayden wanting to be like a big guy at daddy's intramural football game.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

He's got the toddler look down. Can't wait to get him and Libby together to play.

Kari said...

I wish it was warm enough to play at the park here. It is snowing today. Crazy Idaho weather. He is getting so big. I love the 18 month to 2 years stage. They are so fun and getting a cute personality.

Tina Braegger said...

He is such a cute little guy! Gosh, I can't believe that I held him like when he was 3 days old. Crazy! Time flies doesn't it?