Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Our Time Apart

Besides the fact that we haven't had internet in a month I have been putting off updating our blog because I don't really have any pictures to put on it. Dax had the camera in Europe so the few fun things that Hayden and I did do didn't get much visual documentation.

What we did while Dax was gone:
-went to Jump On It for Mommy and Me time (Hayden loved bouncing around on all of the trampolines)
-went for a walk up Provo canyon; Hayden had a hard time leaving the play place at the top
-went to a barbeque, our first of the season and man was it good! (thanks Craig family)
-spent a lot of time indoors reading books and going crazy (it rained for almost a week)

What Dax did while he was gone:
-saw Les Miserables in London; he said London would be worth going back to just to see it again
-saw Buckingham palace, they even happened to be there for the changing of the guard
-toured the Louvre, walked to the top of Notre Dame, visited the Eiffel Tower, saw all of the Statue of Liberties (he informs me there are 3, including the one in NY) while in Paris
-had dinner on a boat floating down the Danube
-visited a host of buildings and museums I can't even remember in his five different cities: London, Paris, Luxembourg, Budapest, and Prague
-cried himself to sleep because he missed us so much (I'm just kidding, to my knowledge he never cried, but he probably missed us even more than we missed him, if that is possible)

I don't have any pictures of Dax's trip yet. I take that back. On our external hard drive there are currently THOUSANDS of pictures (over 12 GB worth) from everyone's cameras on the trip. They all decided that instead of always handing their camera over to someone to take a picture for them that they would all just take pictures for each other and then give them to everyone. I am in the process (it's a long process) of going through the pictures and sorting the ones that are cool and the ones that actually have Dax in them and deleting the rest. I am not even done with 2 cities. There are a lot of redundant photos obviously, and tons of photos of people I will never meet and don't care to have pictures of. I'm thinking that 12 GB will be about 2 by the time I'm done with it. :)

Dax brought me some perfume from Paris, and gave me his left over money from the trip to spend on whatever I want. Let's just say I asked him if he starved for two weeks when he gave it to me. :) His gift to Hayden? A little rubber duckie painted in the american flag with a hat. Yes that is right, Dax went to Paris, France to buy Hayden a duckie that looks like the American flag. I just had to laugh. Hayden loves it though, and loves to give his duckie vitamins after taking his own.

We are glad to have Dax home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a cool trip! I will probably never have the opportunity to leave the country but it sounds so interesting to me. Glad he made it home safe and that you and Hayden survived without him:)

Tina Braegger said...

hahahaa Dax cracks me up! I forgot how frugal he is! That is so funny! At least he brought you something right?? :)
Wow, and you are a trooper! Glad you made it. That would be so hard. Glad Dax is home safe now too.