We have had a couple of beautiful days, and we have loved being outside! Hayden would live outside if I would let him. He is never ready to leave the park, never ready to come inside from playing. He has a spirited personality, and I read that children with that personality needs lots of time outside to run around. It sure makes sense for Hayden. He just isn't the same happy little guy if he is cooped up inside all day. On the other hand, I have never seen a happier or more mild child if he gets to be outside for at least a few hours each day. Unfortunately we don't have a yard so all of our outside time involves going to the park or to a close friend's house who has a yard.
Playing at the park. This is the perfect park for toddlers, it was made especially for little kids, so Hayden can do all of the climbing and sliding by himself without my worrying that he is going to fall off the side
Hayden loves to swing on the bar before going down the slide

Playing in the sprinklers at his friend Anna's house. He asks for Anna at least several times a day.
What would summer be without otter pops?
Look at that smile. I'm so glad I get to be with him to catch them.

He loves to wear big people things, especially mommy's shoes and sunglasses

This is why making dinner with Hayden being awake does not work well. I finally gave him something I thought I was ok with him playing with, and he figured out how to get the top off of the parsley flakes. I suppose it is better than him touching the raw chicken, climbing in the oven, or unloading my cupboard, his activities prior to this one.
And so it begins... I am not actively potty training Hayden, but he knows when he needs to go poop, so I figured I might as well get the potty chair and give him a few months to get used to it without the pressure to actually go in it. I don't have any expectations for at least a year.
Hayden is getting so many 2 word phrases, it is fun to watch him say new things. He even said his first 3 word phrase the other day "Sing a song!" I think he says it now because I get such a kick out of it. I love this stage, he is just a sponge soaking up everything around him. I am amazed at how many new words, new feats, new understandings that he picks up everyday. He definitely knows what he wants and can tell you if you aren't giving it to him, but I just love toddlerhood for all of its joys.
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
Love all the summer activity pics! Libby is the same way when it comes to leaving the park, it can be rough.
Post a Comment