Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time Keeps on Slippin'

Time keeps slipping by me all too often these days. I feel like I have a million things I want and need to do and not enough time to get them all done before the baby comes. I keep meaning to blog about things, but I have been so horrible at picture taking lately that I don't really have any pictures to post. Our lives lately...

Dax: Still plugging away on his thesis. He is into the last two chapters and his professor thinks the first 4 look pretty good. We are excited that he is nearing the end of his formal education. His plan is to graduate in December, which means he will earn his master's degree in Mechanical Engineering in only 16 months. Way to go Dax! He is on the job hunt, so hopefully we can get something pinned down in the next several months and we'll have a place to go when he graduates. He is also working on a car called a streamliner, which is set to race for a new land speed record in the middle of August.

Jen: I CHOPPED my hair last week. We're talking I got 10 inches off of it. It feels so good to have it off, the last 3 inches were just plain breaks and splits. The only down side is that now that it is so short I feel like I have to have it done all the time because I can't just pull it back into a ponytail. I do like the cut though, I haven't had my hair around my chin in over a decade.

I am also nearly 35 weeks along, and definitely getting more ready to have this baby all the time. I am sleeping HORRIBLY, and that is assuming I am sleeping. I can't stay asleep, I wake up uncomfortable, because the baby is kicking, or because I am sweating (and I keep our house plenty cool and sleep in as little as is possible). At least when the baby is born my sleep will be plenty deep and I will be much more comfortable when I do sleep. I'm due the first week of school, and it just so happens we are moving that week. Things could be really interesting for us the end of August/beginning of September.

Hayden: As active as ever. Except now he has such a teasing personality. If he knows he'll get a reaction out of someone he pushes their buttons. A little girl in our ward has a meltdown if he runs off with something of hers, and so he does it just to be funny. He knows exactly what he is doing...he only runs of with people's things when he knows they will react to it. He is into testing limits right now, and loves to do exactly what mom and dad say NOT to do. He can unlock the front door and loves to "escape" outside. We definitely need a chain lock at the top of the door for my sanity. I think he is going through a growth spurt because he sleeps for around 11 hours at night (before 10 was his max) and takes about a 3 hour nap during the day, and he eats like crazy. He ate as much as Dax at a meal the other day and we just looked at each other in disbelief. He is still in love with tractors, trucks, balls, and the great outdoors. Unfortunately our park visits don't happen as often as he'd like because I'm getting too tired to run around, or just plain walk to the park for that matter.

He is saying lots of 2 and 3 words phrases, which is getting to be so fun. He is starting to get the hang of a few letters and sometimes colors. He will sit through a little longer books which is so nice. He has always loved books, but loses interest in each page quickly. He is a great eater as well.

Today we were at his friend Anna's house playing in the front yard. Anna and Hayden ran around to the back of the house and Anna's mother Catherine and I waited a few minutes to go check on them (they don't usually do too much). When we went to get them they had jumped into the kid pool and were swimming around. Luckily Anna only had a diaper on, but Hayden was FULLY clothed. He also had his brand new tennis shoes on, purchased only yesterday. I'm hoping our little girl won't be quite as rambunctious. He is a whole lot of fun though, and his laugh melts my heart.

1 comments:

Abe n Linz said...

Life sounds full, busy, and a little tiring! Good luck with having a baby, moving, graduating, and the job hunt!