Tuesday, March 29, 2011

6-I Mean 7-Months

So this post was SUPPOSED to happen when Kyra turned 6 months old. Just like most other things in my life right now though, it is happening about 4 weeks late. Kyra will be 7 months old on April 2nd! I can't believe how quickly she keeps changing on me. The other day I kept squeezing her tightly and telling her to stop growing because I will miss the sweet little thing she is now. Not that she won't be sweet later, but this is an especially fond age for me. She sleeps through the night, doesn't squirm away from my hugs, stays put (for at least a little while longer), smiles constantly, rarely cries, sleeps for a few hours during the day, laughs and giggles. Why would I want this stage to pass??

A little about Kyra:

In 3 words: content and social. She brings balance to our family with her content nature. She will just sit without a fuss for a really long time. She will also sit without a fuss while being harassed by her older brother, a truly amazing feat. She will get so mad if you leave her alone. As long as she knows someone is there she is great, but the minute she feels like she is alone she is going to let you know she doesn't appreciate it. If she is in the mood she will sit there and babble at the top of her lungs. She uses lots of syllables already; Dax says that is due to the fact that she is a girl and already is trying to get her two cents in. :)

She has 2 teeth. The first came in a couple of days after she turned 6 months, and the next one about a week after that. I finally got around to giving her solid food when she was 6 1/2 months and she is really loving it. She has only had rice cereal, but I need to get to the store and get her something substantial like infant meat jars.

She has the chubbiest, squishiest, most-kissable cheeks ever. I will probably miss those the most when she loses them. She has what we affectionately call "grandma hair." It is getting so sparse, but what hair she does have is pretty long. She has two really long patches of curly hair above either ear. Someday I will get around to cutting it. She still has blue eyes and dark skin.

She is rolling around and sitting up. She has great hand-eye coordination and accurately reaches for things she wants.

We love our baby Kyra and are so glad that she is a part of our family!

Pictures to be edited in when I finally hook up my camera and download the pictures.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

She sounds like such a perfect baby. She got her teeth early. Can't wait to see pictures.