Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Catch Up

I know it seems as if I've fallen off the face of the blogging world...to be honest I felt like I fell off the face of the entire world for a few weeks. Our recent events:

-Hayden and I got sick, and Dax now has what we had
-Kyra had an ear infection (20 days of antibiotics because the first round didn't do it for her...this meant AT LEAST 2 blow outs a day)
-STILL working on figuring out what to do about a house. We were an inch away from thinking we could finalize with the lender and the builder, and then the bank came back and said the policy changed...15% down for a construction loan instead of 10%. Trying to work with another lender on 10%, otherwise we are 4 months farther out before we can start building or we figure out a new plan
-The kids and I stayed with Makala's (Dax's sister) kids for 2 days while they went to a retreat

  • Through this experience I discovered a few things. First, I never want to be a single mom. Zero respite come the end of the day. Second, routines, routines, routines! They do wonders for keeping some semblance of order in a house of 6 children and 1 adult. It was a small glimpse into what having 6 might be like some day, except I had two 2 year-olds(one mine and one hers), and mine will come one at a time. Ironically, Makala is pregnant with twin boys.
-My brother Paul's reception. It was beautiful, as I would only expect from my mother's handiwork
-My brother Matt (the baby) left on a mission to Houston Texas East
-More sickness. Can warmth and sunshine come and drive away sickness, PLEASE??
-More debating over a house. The new bank wants 10% down, but wants to see 5% sitting in reserve in your account, just in case. Monetarily, how is that different than 15% down? We'll see what happens...
-The kids growing and changing constantly. (sigh) I told Dax that Kyra wasn't a baby anymore and he looked at me sideways like, "Oh no you don't!" I got a good laugh out of that because I wasn't thinking about baby #3 at all. I need to feel like I actually get in shape before I beat my body up again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't the whole getting started process such a treat? I hope things get figured out soon. On a good note the building process is SO fast it's just getting there that takes forever!

RileyDestry said...

Good seeing you on Sunday! Your kids are darling.