Friday, September 16, 2011

Headless Chicken

With all that we've been trying to squeeze in during the past week I feel like a chicken with its head cut off. Dax actually asked me the other day if I was ok, because with all we've been doing there is always something that I am forgetting(purse, keys, bread, to name a few). The good and the bad:

Bad news:
-Dax's grandpa passed away. He battled cancer for a couple of years and he lived a good long life, so I don't know that his passing was a bad thing. The bad part was that we didn't get to see him once more before he passed away. Dax is in Twin Falls with his family until Sunday evening for the service.

Last time we saw Grandpa Webb-July 2010 (Hayden and Taneil's kids)


-We bought a fridge and it came with some problems.

-Hayden hasn't had a nap in days, and he is the kind of boy who NEEDS a nap. I've decided nothing is more important and I need to start scheduling activities around his nap time. And my nap time. We all need a little more of this:

P.S. This is what happens when Grandpa is left to babysit. He was babysitting Hayden too.

Good news:
-WE GOT KEYS!! This is the main reason that everything has been crazy the last couple of days. We've been trying to move our things and clean up the house so we can unpack and organize. No easy feat. My dad came with his equipment and mowed our lawn-3 TIMES...it needed a swather. Literally. The house has been vacant for nearly a year-add that to the fact that the cupboards weren't cleaned out when the previous owners moved and it's been beastly to scrub those things down. If you come to visit I hope you like the smell of PineSol.

-We're returning said fridge from above and I purchased another one today that will be delivered and installed tomorrow.

-We went to a Mariners/Yankee game on Tuesday with our friends the Roylances and the McGarys. It was so FUN. I haven't been away from Kyra for more than 4 hours EVER, so it was such a nice retreat. Sarah also converted me to GAP jeans and I scored a pair for $23 at the outlet mall. I'll post pictures when I get around to downloading them on the computer. Thanks Tyson and Sarah for inviting us!!

I've only made the drive from my parent's house to our house(40 minutes each way) 3 days in a row, and I'm already feeling sympathy to the fact that Dax has been doing it for 9 months!

2 comments:

Tina Braegger said...

woohooo! You got keys to your very own house! That is too exciting! Can't wait to see pics when you get moved in. Good luck with all the moving prep.

Good luck with nap time too. I am dreading the day that it is over. I have been fighting with Liv too. I got her a little cd player and play songs for her really quiet and she has been taking really good naps lately, maybe it is worth a try :)

Abe n Linz said...

Congrats on the house!!