Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's Been This Long???

It has been 2 weeks since I've checked into the blogging world.  Mainly because we've MOVED IN!  We've been busy trying to make the house somewhat organized, and have been trying to tackle small projects.  Everything of ours is at the house, but it is far from being organized.  There are also so many projects I want to do, but currently lack a) money b) time c) know-how or d) a combination of a, b, and c.  For now I am content to work on the small projects that are possible, and am trying to decide which projects will take priority when we do have money.

I have not taken a single picture since we moved.  Pathetic.  No one else will document my children's lives, so I better get with the program.  Here is the written documentation of our current life, hopefully the photographic documentation will catch up shortly.

I had a birthday!  It didn't feel much different than the one before.  Except I'm 25.  That means next year I will begin the phase of "late" 20s.  Hmmm.  I feel old lately.  With everything we've been doing for the house I can't seem the remember anything.  I was asked my social security number the other day and blanked for 5 seconds before it came to me.  I better do some more brain stimulation; I'm too young to start losing my memory.  My mom surprsied me with an ice cream cake, and Dax brought me a black forest cake when he came home from work.  My present was a pair of jeans bought when we stopped in North Bend, and my new home.  I've said goodbye to a budget for the first month of living in our home, and Dax is going crazy.  Seems like there is always something we need to get for the house.

We have mowed the grass, scoured toilets, scrubbed doors, installed a washer/dryer, cleaned out pipes/drains, unloaded dozens of totes/boxes and been to home depot more times than I care to admit.  We're definitely new homeowners.

The kids have ringworm.  I wish I would have caught it on Hayden sooner.  I just thought it was a weird rash on his upper arm.  He now has it on his ear and the base of his middle finger as well.  He spread it to Kyra, but I think she only has it on her calf.  We are treating it twice a day, wearing band aids, and squirting it with hand sanitizer for good measure.  Mainly I'm paranoid about it spreading any more than it has, and about Dax or me getting ringworm.  The treatment lasts a month.  We are 5 days in.  It is going to be a long month, and a LOT of band aids.   

Those are the major highlights.  We get internet on Monday and I'll update more often, with pictures.  I'm excited to hear the ladies' ideas on how to decorate my VERY empty home!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Owning a new house has it's expenses, but it's so nice to know that it is yours to do what you wish. I can't wait to see pics. Happy Birthday!

Abe n Linz said...

Hooray on moving in! Owning a home is a lot of work, but you get to own all of that hard work!!
Sad about the ringworm. Good luck. That sounds tough.