Thursday, November 10, 2011

Friendship

I've been thinking a lot lately about what it means to be a good friend.  Unfortunately I have been lacking, in a major way, the qualities of a good friend.  Fortunately though I have had one good friend everywhere we have lived, despite my lack of being a really good friend in return.  I don't know how that worked out.  I guess that is the beauty of a great friend; they are wonderful 'just because.'  This is one of my new goals:  be the kind of friend someone wants to have. 

Just one(I could share more) example of an amazing friend:  Sarah Roylance.  This woman is a saint.  When we moved in she came a couple of different times and helped clean, unpack, and get settled.  She is easy to talk to; she listens.  She remembers birthdays (one of my worst traits,-I'm working on a birthday calendar).  She came and spent an entire day helping me make and bottle applesauce, JUST BECAUSE SHE IS NICE.  She is one of the friends I would like to emulate.  It doesn't hurt that both of her girls are exactly 10 days older than both of my kids, and that we share similar interests. :)  

I don't have a picture of just Sarah, but this is our crazy crew when we are together anyway, so it is probably more fitting.  The oldest girl is Sarah's niece.  

1 comments:

The Roylances said...

Jenn really I did not deserve this posting. You are a wonderful friend, just ask Ty, I look up to you in so many ways! It was so sweet of you to say those things. You really need to give yourself more credit, you are wonderful! I wish we could just live next door to each other, wouldnt that be perfect