I haven't posted in what feels like ages. We have just been living day-to-day life and I'm trying to keep organizing and unpacking. Honestly, I am losing my motivation; it takes me a long time to go through one box these days. My house is still completely BARE, and I took these pictures 3 weeks ago and before I had cleaned the house (and I've done some more organizing/unpacking since), but at least it's a little taste of where we live, because let's be honest, who doesn't get curious about what it's like in someone else's house?? Especially since we live so far from everyone we know (we're working on making friends), I doubt we'll get any visitors soon. If you came to my house I would invite you in to sit on my floor. Maybe it's for the best that we don't have visitors. :) I keep telling Dax we at least need a couch and a kitchen table! Maybe you can give me some good decorating tips, because I have yet to put anything on my walls. This is not all inclusive or intentionally exclusive. I just realized for some reason the kitchen was left out, as well as the full shot of the backyard. I think one of the kids needed something before I was finished. Something to see another day.
 |
| Master bedroom |
 |
| The "other half" of the master bedroom. Someday I'll put some chairs in and a cushion for the window seat and we'll have scripture study/family meetings in there. It was laundry day, as you can tell by the 3 mounds of clothes. |
 |
| Master bath |
 |
| My jetted tub. I don't know how I've only managed to use this thing twice since we moved in, but it's heavenly |
 |
| What I call the play room. Yes, it looks like this more often than not during the day. When we get two kids of one gender they will share this room, because it is biggest. |
 |
| Laundry |
 |
| Hayden's room. Before you call CPS on me, we have since purchased a real mattress (no box spring though) and yes, he does have sheets and a blanket |
 |
| Was the formal dining room. Will be my piano room. We actually got the piano moved in since I took this picture. I want to switch this chandelier to the kitchen. |
 |
| First time the grass was cut after we bought the house. You LITERALLY could have swathed it. My dad had to mow it 3 times, that's him in the background. |
 |
| Entry/family room. The Lightning McQueen rug doesn't belong there, Hayden just got it for his birthday and laid it there for me to see. |
 |
| Den/office. Dax hates when I use the word "den." He has informed me I am not to touch the walls, this is his sanctuary to decorate as he pleases. He's told me some of his ideas...yikes. If we have tons of kids it can become a 5th bedroom, it has a closet. |
 |
| Somehow the only picture I have of Kyra's room. Her room is the most organized, so I don't know how that happened. Oh well. |
9 comments:
An interior decorator at a RS homemaking (when it still was "homemaking") told us when you get a picture where you want it on the wall, drop it four inches and put the nail in. That has stayed with me. The last thing we hung though, we did it with those removable hooks. Great idea!
What a beautiful home! Congrats! Welcome to home ownership if it not one thing to fix its another. Well at least thats how I feel. And all the things you have to buy for house. I love my house but it can get expensive. Again beautiful home! Good Luck!
What a beautiful home with so much potential! I would feel overwhelmed with all the space to fill up, but all in good time, right? :) I think it's just because I am no good at decorating, my fashion sense is pretty much non-existent haha. Have fun making your home your own!
I am ready to get serious about decorating whenever you are!!!=) I just love your house. So many possibilities. It will all come together
Your house looks great! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope someday we will make out to there for a visit! We miss you guys.
What a beautiful home. Congratulations!
I love it! Don't worry, with time you will have so much stuff in that house you will wonder where it all came from. But it is expensive which is why it is okay that it takes time.
I totally agree with you, I'm always wondering what it looks like when people move into their homes. Love it. Maybe someday we can come visit.
Wow! I love it! You will have to keep posting pics as you get it all decorated and moved in :) It is huge! That is so exciting for you guys!!
Post a Comment