I feel like my life is a snowball just picking up steam as it rolls downhill. (Sigh) We keep thinking 'after this next thing' life will slow down. Then it doesn't. Here's the latest and newest (since we have had a lot of new lately):
Dax and I got out for an evening to see the Forgotten Carols. It was good, albeit a little over priced. Now I can say I have seen it though! The best part was just getting away alone for a few hours.
We got a new laptop, after 7 years! The old computer battery died 5 days after we got the new one. It was missing the bottom row of keys, couldn't project sound, and had to be plugged in all the time or it would die...yes it was begging for retirement.
Dax got a sweet leaf blower for his birthday. Nothing but STIHL. Even I think it is fun to use. We had lots of leaves from the neighbors trees so it came in handy. Oh yes, Dax had a birthday! The big 3-0. We actually kept it simple; razzleberry pie, and Haley and family joined us. Oh, and I surprised him with his birthday and Christmas present(for like the next 3 years): LASIK. Consult tomorrow, surgery in December.
Slash marks in the pie, compliments of Kyra.
My Christmas present came early as well. The thing I have been wanting every Christmas and birthday since we were married: my Bosch mixer! If you hear a chorus of angels in my kitchen it is because it is now equipped with that beautiful baby. I couldn't wait until Christmas to use it... :)
We are getting the house appraised soon, so it has kicked me into gear to get all of the indoor projects done that I have been putting off because of the backyard. And a new baby. And 2 other kids. I fixed(aka filled, sanded, and textured) and painted all of the holes and dings in our bathroom. Luckily we had the right color. I didn't get so lucky in our bedroom, so the spots are not painted. I did the same to the kids' bathroom and repainted the whole thing today. Hopefully Saturday I will get the laundry room painted. We're going yellow! This winter I want to paint the trim and all of the door frames in the house. And a few other things. I will let you know if I have any hair (or brain cells) left when all is said and done.
Hayden continues to be our little building man. Give him screws, scissors, cardboard, and a screwdriver and you get this:
Kyra continues to be into everything. Luckily her interests have evolved into bandaids and water versus apple juice and poop. :)
She is always up for a photo op.
Kyra with cousin Kyree, 5 months her senior.
Taylee girl is still as sweet and chubby as ever.

1 comments:
Happy Birthday Dax! That is so cool you got him LASIK! What a lucky guy. I have known many people that have gotten it one and they love the results. And I feel you with painting a filing holes. I finally have gotten all of our baseboards,trim painted! So much work! You are amazing for all that you do with 3 kids. You go girl!
Post a Comment