Dax had an appointment for his eyes in Tri-cities last Friday and by default we ended up making it a family day. I am so glad it worked out that way. We took the kids to the temple and wandered around while we talked about it.
Families really are forever. I am glad this crazy bunch is mine.
Dax is in need of new work boots, so we went to Ranch and Home. I was so worried about watching all 3 kids while Dax tried on boots, but the kids and I had a great time exploring-no tantrums, running off or anything of the like. After 30 minutes I thought, "Wow, this is so nice!" Just then a lady we were passing said--in a rude 'why do you have so many kids' tone of voice--"Gosh you have your hands full." She wasn't going to bump me off my cloud, so I just smiled and said, "Yes I do." In my head I added, "And my heart." I don't know why people think it is their prerogative to point out that you have a lot of kids(which I don't, at least not yet). Obviously I carried them for 9 months, birthed them, and then nurture them still, how could I not be aware that my hands are full? To me it is akin to commenting to a fat person that they are fat. You simply wouldn't do it because it is rude and because they already know their condition. I will step off my soap box now.
Afterward we went to Burger King and had chicken nuggets and french fries. The kids are in heaven whenever we do this. We even convinced Dad to let us have ice cream cones afterward!
The ages of our kids have made it hard to go too many public places in the past and remain unscathed, but this was truly an enjoyable day and I am excited about more family outings in the future!

0 comments:
Post a Comment