Hayden had been looking forward to this day the entire year. Whenever we had family council and had the calendar out he would ask when it would be the day for fireworks again. I don't think he was disappointed with the day's events.
We originally planned to go to our annual ward breakfast at 8 am, but
some very late nights working on closets kept us home. We went to the
Basin City parade at 10 am. The kids always enjoy it. Who doesn't
enjoy a parade where they give out candy and ice cream sandwiches?
Hayden with cousins Jhett and Hyrum
Laryn with Taylee
Dax with Grandpa
Afterward we went to a BBQ at Tim and Stacey's house, and then swimming at the Specht's place. Then we went to Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's to hang out until the fireworks started in Othello.
I am grateful for the sacrifice of so many that brought about this great country. Unfortunately when I think about America these days I am filled with worry and frustration. I pray that there are enough God-fearing people left in this country to continue to keep this the "land of the free and the home of the brave."
"God bless America, land that I love."

0 comments:
Post a Comment