Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Big 3-1 and Thanksgiving

We kept it pretty low key for Dax's birthday this year.  He just wanted to go hunting for his birthday, so I gave him the space, and he went and froze in the weeds. :) 

I did try a "clean eating" pie crust with oil.  It was nasty, that is all there is to it.  I can usually salvage things pretty well, but not this time.  We each ate 2 small pieces (only because we didn't want to waste it), and then the chickens got the rest of the crust.


 I redeemed myself and made an awesome tasting crust for Thanksgiving.  With all the work for the crust I wish I would have gone a little more exotic with the filling, but I had some apple pie filling bottles I wanted to rotate through.


 We spent Thanksgiving with Dax's EXTENDED family...meaning posterity of his Grandmother's cousins, etc.  It was more like a ward dinner than Thanksgiving dinner, but it was nice to get to spend time with the family during the weekend.





0 comments: