Our last two days we decided to take it easy and just hang out at the resort. Originally we intended to go to Turtle beach and swim with the sea turtles but there were red flags on the day we wanted to go, so I don't think they would have let us snorkel. An adventure for another time.
We took it easy, read (I read, Dax napped), went kayaking and snorkeling, slept in, stayed up late, did archery, and relaxed in the ocean. I did make it to the gym room ONE day.
The last couple of of evenings we went to dinner with some friends that we met at our resort, Justas and Giedre from Lithuania (living in Norway). We first met Justas while we were our relaxing in the ocean. He was about the only other one out there so when he got close enough we started to talk to him. We just kept running into him after that, nearly everywhere. He introduced us to his girlfriend Giedre, when we saw them leaving dinner one evening. It took us until the last couple of days to really get together, but we are so glad that we did!
We had such a good time our last evening that we were out talking until
midnight. They were such a great couple and we wished that they lived
closer. We may have to visit Norway and Lithuania someday...

The view from our balcony. The building you can see is one of the buffets. The water was only about 25 yards from our room.
Our first dinner with Justas and Giedre. We ate at the steak restaurant and it didn't disappoint! It was outside on the beach and it was a warmer evening so I wasted my time doing my hair. :)
Our last evening we wanted to eat at the Japanese restaurant but it was booked out for the evening, so we ate at the Italian restaurant. It was just as good the second time around.
Dax stepped up and fired a perfect bull's eye on his first shot! An Englishman sitting by me said, "He's Robin Hood, that's who." I love different accents of people from different countries. We also saw some monkeys swinging through the trees behind the fence but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture.
After lunch on one of our last days we were having cookies and ice cream for dessert. I had got Dax his first bowl, and he went to get his second. After a minute I looked around and didn't see him by the dessert table. He was over by the salsas/side table. I wondered what he could want over there. He comes back with a big bowl of 'crema' and dips his cookie and takes a big bite only to discover that crema is sour cream, not straight cream. :) I had to laugh because he thought that regular cream would be next to the guacamole and salsa.
Until we meet again warm sunny beach!
0 comments:
Post a Comment