In some ways I can't believe I have been absent for 4 months, and then in some ways I can, because life happens and summers always fly by around here. Our little brood is growing and changing, and while it makes me so happy to see the changes, it breaks my heart a little to think of them slowly leaving the nest with each new milestone they reach.
Summer was filled with lots of swimming, lots of gardening (some we liked, some we hated), lots of family, popsicles, and kids getting in bed later than normal.
We have settled into fall nicely. It really is my favorite time of year. Cool, crisp mornings and beautiful days. And fall bearing raspberries. Yum.
My big bear started school this year. I after 6 weeks I still get a little choked up watching him walk away from the van each morning. He hasn't particularly enjoyed school, and has already asked me to home-school him next year. We will think about that. He started going to the 1st grade class of a lady he loves in our ward, just for reading time, but soon for math I think. He looks forward to that and special activities at school, which keeps him going.
For today he is home with a nasty sickness. Third day home, and while he knows he should be in school, a small consolation in all that he has missed because he is sick is that he has been able to miss 3 whole days of school. Today he missed out on his first Taylor family apple juicing event. Words can't describe the heartbreak written on his face as he watched his dad and sister pull away this morning.
We'll see what we can to do cheer him up. Taylee's tickle tortures are hard to resist, and I am pretty sure a giant blue ICEE will help.

0 comments:
Post a Comment