Most days aren't picture perfect around here. However, we are a happy mess most of the time. We have glimpses of joy amidst the chaos that is life with 3 little kids. Today was one of those days that was most definitely not picture perfect. The house was filled with tears, screams, whines, and anything in between from about 6:30 to 7:30. Verbally from the kids, internally from the adults.
So, after a day of running to and fro and wondering where the good was in the day, I decided I better sit down and FIND some good. It is easy to find the negative, and I think I have become pretty adept at that recently. Here's to finding the good in all of us.
Came with me to the midwife today for my appointment and made me laugh when she had to make sure I knew the urine in the cup was icky and not to drink it. She was such a big girl and held the doppler for the midwife and turned it on and off quickly when asked.
Kyra
Played so well with her only CTR 4 buddy Sean while he was at our house for 3 hours today. She tenderly came up with the idea to wrap a broken alarm clock to give to his mom's baby when she is born. I got her a gift the baby could really use (a onesie) and let her wrap it and write Star and Kyra on the wrapping paper. She is so thoughtful of others.
Hayden
Although it can get trying when he is tired and whining, I really do appreciate what a mama's boy he is. He is determined not to leave me EVER and every night (including tonight) is begging for mommy and Hayden time. He followed through and ate all of his lunch at school like I asked him to--he has been nibbling on lunch lately and then running off to recess and as a result has been in the nurses office dizzy in the late afternoon (low blood sugar I am sure).
Me
The hardest good to find is often in yourself. I usually end the day feeling frustrated at futile efforts to accomplish tasks I felt needed to get done. The house is always dirtier and less organized than is comfortable. Dax is good at helping me not view life through checklists to be completed as a benchmark of success. Today I watched someone's child so they could go with their spouse to the temple. I made my bed! I took the time to teach Hayden about his actions and related it to Edmund in The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. We all make mistakes; sometimes pretty crummy ones. BUT, we have the ability to say "Hey, I made a few mistakes, but I can change that here and now." We can let go of whatever our mistake is, and instead of forging on to the White Witch's castle we can admit our fault and go back and say sorry to those we love and hurt.
Dax
Came home after I'm sure another grueling day filled with requests to fix things and fix them now. Not a word of complaint. He patiently helped me with the kids' bedtime needs before running off(later than I am sure he would have liked) to play church basketball.
I saw a sign today that said, "Look for the good in the world." That sounds like a pretty good motto for our family this year.


0 comments:
Post a Comment