Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Projects

We have been busy bees working on home projects.  It feels like I have a lot of catching up to do after doing next to nothing for 4 months during the start of this pregnancy.  We have painted and purged and are preparing everything to put our home on the housing market.  It's a bittersweet decision, there are things I really like about our home and things I don't.  The good thing is we don't have to sell and aren't set on it if we don't get our asking price.  It has been a whirlwind month, and I am sure will continue to be so for the next several months.  It is definitely making this pregnancy go by quickly!

A taste of what we have been up to...

If you can't paint without 'helpers' I found it is better to find them their own project.  Taylee was already covered in paint and in the tub by the time I took Kyra's picture.  I have painted 2 kids bedrooms and our bedroom in the last couple of weeks.
 We had a few cold and grey weeks, so to get the kids outside I promised a cup of cocoa for an hour of outside time.  Worked like a charm.
 Kyra changes clothes faster than I can keep up.  She is always experimenting with her clothes and mine.
 Taylee is fascinated by mommy's baby belly and wants one too.  Her "deliveries" are enviable...if only I could pull a baby out from under my shirt when it was time.
 I finally got my red front door.  I choose 2 freezing days to complete this project, but it's done.
 I have had 4 chairs for a couple of years with the intent to repaint them.  They took a lot of sanding, and it was so cold I wouldn't even venture to the garage to do it, so I put down some drop cloths inside.
 I ended up doing two different styles, so I have 2 of each.  Dax did the upholstery work for me, thankfully!
 We finally got some sun!  The last week has been spring-like, and I will be sad if it ends.  It makes me want to pack away the winter clothes!
 Dax put some hardware on the kitchen cabinets. 
 Taylee (and the others) sneaking blueberries out of the freezer is a common occurrence.  It's always easy to tell who the culprits are. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you guys sell, where will you go?

Tina Braegger said...

You are selling your house!? Why? Does that mean you are moving?