We are counting down until our time here in Rexburg is over. It is a little bitter sweet. We are sad about leaving the good atmosphere of this area, and have loved the experiences we've enjoyed and friends we've had while attending school. However, we are definitely excited about being done with our undergraduate work and are excited for the next chapter of our lives, and a warmer climate!
We are also growing out of our apartment here. Our LITTLE one bedroom is full to the brim of all of our things, and Hayden's little crib is obviously too little for him. This is how I found him this morning...

Dax is sad about the thought of not being able to play sports in the same way ever again. His team won their game last night and plays in the championship game tonight! The really bad news is that Dax got a concussion last night and can't play in the game tonight. His teammate threw the ball up for him to dunk it, and he got undercut and landed on his upper back and head. My heart nearly stopped when I saw him go down...I can't remember the last time I was so scared. He couldn't remember what happened, and he kept asking the same questions over and over. The two main questions were "where is Hayden?" and "Are finals coming up soon?" You can tell the two things that were on his mind! He couldn't remember that I dropped him off at the game, what time his game started, or how far his team was in the playoffs. We went to the doctor to get him checked out, luckily the CT scan was fine (I was so worried, considering the actress that just died from bleeding on the brain due to a concussion). We didn't get home until nearly 1 o'clock (his game started at 10), and unfortunately we'll have a nice ER bill because we couldn't have gone anywhere else. He was supposed to take a major test today, but obviously that didn't happen. I'm just glad he's alright, but I can't tell you how bummed he is about not being able to play in the game.
Hayden is just finishing up a nebulizer treatment...every 4 hours for 2 weeks. It hasn't been the easiest, but it seems to have helped his cough, so we're hoping for the best. I'm thinking he just has allergies and until we leave Rexburg and the weather warms up he's going to have a little bit of a cough, but hopefully it is much better from here on out.

We've enjoyed some unpredictable MARCH MADNESS as well. We've probably watched a little too many games, but otherwise we don't watch much tv so I don't feel too bad. Hayden and Dax were particularly exhausted after some late night games...

In good news...I bought a jogging stroller for my graduation present! I got it used from someone in Rexburg, but I got a good deal on it, and it is a nice stroller. It is a baby jogger Q series and it is in great condition. They run for about $250+ online. Hooray!!


3 comments:
Im glade that Dax is ok! I would have died to! Well we have to get together again another time before you guys take off. If you need a place to stay before you move we have an extra bed. Just let us know:)
What a scary thing for you and Dax! and such a bummer that he can't play in the championship game. I'm sure that's just killing him.
Poor little hayden's cough, that stinks.
I'm so happy for you that you got a jogging stroller! I have no doubt it will be put to good use :)
I'm glad Dax is doing better! That sounds a little scary to me. I hope that his team wins that championship game! Josh's little brother Erik was at the game after Dax had his concussion. He really liked watching. I absolutely love the picture Hayden hanging out of his crib, soo cute! I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!!!! Good luck with your last few days and packing.
Post a Comment