Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What We Do

I get asked constantly by people what I do all day. I know that having only one baby right now and getting to stay home seems so simple to those with multiple children and jobs, but believe it or not I do find things to do during the day. I happen to actually enjoy the laid-back style of life that I'm living right now...nearly stress-free.

In the morning I get up and make breakfast for Dax (and now Kase) and send them out the door by 7:30. Hayden is usually awake around then, so I feed him.

After breakfast Hayden and I usually read scriptures, and a few other books. After reading we either go for a walk with my friend Jena and her little boy Logan (who is leaving in a week...what will I do???) or we go running (well, I run, Hayden just gets a free ride).



Jena, Logan, and Hayden (Logan is exactly one month younger than Hayden). Doesn't Jena look great for being 20 weeks along with #2?!



We get home, play for a little while, and then Hayden eats again and usually goes down for a nap (like he is right now). I either hop in the shower, take a nap at the same time (it's bliss), or do both. Occasionally during this time I'll call a family member and chat for a while. Oh yeah, I also eat lunch. Obviously there are also chores to get done, like dishes, laundry, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, etc.

When Hayden wakes up we play some more, and then he eats again. I also spend some time reading a book during the day. My two latest reads: Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, and Child of Mine (how to get your child to eat, but not too much) by Dr. Satter. Both excellent by the way. Once a week Hayden and I make a trip to the library and the grocery store. Preparing and going on these outings takes half a day in and of itself. On days that I make bread I get that started by noon so that it's all done before Dax comes home.

Around 4 I get dinner planned or going, depending on what we're having. Obviously if I'm making a soup I get started around noon. Dax gets home around 5, and depending on the day we have dinner right away or go running and then have dinner.

And the rest of the evening is spent in fabulous relaxation with my two boys. There you have it, what we do all day. :)

Yep, he's still a camera boy (except now he tries to crawl onto me to get close to the camera so I have a hard time getting good shots)



And yes, his hair is always this crazy (everyone is always saying they love it, people love crazy I guess)



Hayden's new love is to pull himself onto things...it developed SO quickly, like 4 days after he got the hang of crawling

4 comments:

Rohatinsky Family said...

Hey! I finally got on top of things and looked up your blog. I'm going to miss our walks(...as will Logan)! It's funny how people ask what we do all day...like we don't have much to do. Thankfully life isn't stressful busy, but still i feel like there is (mostly) always plenty to get/be done.
(And as for that picture of me and the kiddos...I'm pretty sure that one could be burned! =) But thanks for complimenting me anyways!!)

Samantha said...

Hayden is so cute with his crazy hair, I think your right people like crazy! Good luck with your new living arrangements. I wish we lived closer so we could get together more! Hope that AZ weather is treating you all good! Take care.

Mak Attack said...

I haven't been on for awhile, but it is so fun to see Hayden so big. I forgot to tell Kase before he left to make sure he cleaned the bathroom when it was his turn. Kase is so fun, you're in for a great time. Love you guys.

Abe n Linz said...

Good luck with an extra house guest!
Hayden is growing up fast.
And Dax can come help whenever he wants. :)