Monday, March 15, 2010

Tender Moments

Yesterday morning I woke up to the sound of Hayden. I opened his door and saw him standing there smiling at me. As soon as he saw me he sat down, folded his arms, and said, "prayers." Of course I pulled him right out and we said a prayer together. However, I have a confession to make: I have never said a morning prayer with just Hayden to have his "own" prayer. We have our family prayer, but not an individual one for him. We have family prayer at night kneeling in his room, and as soon as we say "family prayer time!" he runs into his room, sits down, and folds his arms. Not to put my flaws out there, but if there is one prayer that I miss during the day, it is my morning prayer. Sometimes I just get up and have something to do from the first moment I'm awake so before I know it it's lunch time and I realize I haven't said a personal prayer. My 17 month-old is giving me lessons on prayer, what a tender mercy from Heavenly Father. From now on we are working on having a morning prayer for mommy and a morning prayer for Hayden.

2 comments:

Mak Attack said...

Wow, that is so great! I was just telling my kids tonight in FHE how grateful I am for them. I'm so glad to be their mom.

Tina Braegger said...

aww that is precious! It is amazing how much they learn so fast! And I am right there with you, morning prayers are challenging :)