Kyra (the y makes a long i sound, just so you know) is now over a week old! The first week both sadly and gratefully goes by very quickly. She is getting to be such a good nurser, which is a relief considering all of the problems Hayden and I had when starting out. She was weighed yesterday at 8 days old and weighed 7 lbs 12 oz (+7 oz from birth weight)! I don't think she really cares to be swaddled, which is interesting. She is just so precious and beautiful, we are in awe with her.
Hayden is learning to adjust to having a little sister. In general he really is very sweet to her, and most of his acting up is revolving around throwing things and being extra emotional. Dax really has been so great to spend extra one-on-one time with Hayden, and Hayden just loves him. Hayden always tries to copy everything Dax does, it is so cute.
Dax really has been my lifesaver. He has done so many things for both me and the kids. I am so thankful for his help, and thankful that we get to share this experience together. I love him so much.
I am recovering well, and am amazed by how good I feel at times. We all went to the park the other day for an hour and a half, and I ended up still feeling so good that we went to a stake BBQ afterward for an hour. Today I am a little more tired, but am still feeling really well.
We are so thankful for all of the good friends and family who have been so kind and thoughtful to us during the past week and a half. We are blessed by all of you.




Summertime
1 year ago

7 comments:
Well, I don't know which parent she looks like, but she looks like Hayden.
Congratulations! She's beautiful!! I love all of that dark hair. (Also, I love your new haircut!)
Sorry I'm a little late! But congrats shes a doll!
aw so glad you guys are doing so well. That is great that you are having an easier time with nursing and recovering this time. I hope the same goes for my case:)
You look so great Jen! I can not believe you just had a baby!
And that is awesome that your mom got to come and help you out. She sounds amazing!
Kyra is so adorable! I love her little outfit and bow!
I sent you some bows. They are bigger than the one she has..and you will have to clip them to a headband to put them on her head. Hopefully you have one. I didn't think about that before I sent them. You can usually get them at any craft store and they are like 2 dollars. :)
You are so sweet. Do you think I could borrow your mom for a week? =)
PS. You look great and Kyra is absolutely beautiful. Congrats again.
Congratulations! She is adorable! Glad to hear that you are both doing well and healthy!
Making a comment on your good reads, Five love languages by Gary Chapman and a great web-site The power of Moms. Thanks for the invitation to see you blog. Love you, Chris Specht
Post a Comment