5 years ago today we started our family in the Columbia River Temple. I had no idea what I was getting myself into at the time, but I was completely happy. I still am. When we got married, Dax and I thought we were so much alike. In the major ways we still are alike, but over the years I've come to see how different we are in many ways. Good ways. My biggest weaknesses are Dax's strengths, and his biggest weaknesses are my strengths. Example: my biggest weakness: (here it comes...) comparison, to everyone and everything. Dax does not have that problem and can steer me in the right direction when I get doing it. His biggest weakness: extreme moodiness when he lacks either sleep or nourishment (leave him alone when he lacks both!). I have the ability to be really pleasant when lacking both (I realized this with the addition of our children). I know it sounds cliche, but we really complete each other nicely.
I am thankful for Dax and for all that he does for our family. He works so hard for our family, and then comes home and takes our son to the park because he is standing by the fence looking so eager to go out. If anyone needs downtime when they come home from a job, it's Dax. Not by personality, but because his job requires so much brainpower. For those of you who don't know what Dax does, I'll give a quick description. He spends all day analyzing, fixing problems, and coming up with better designs for machines that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just thinking about what he does stresses me out, so I'm glad that he loves it.
I love Dax for the husband and father that he is in our family, and really don't know what I'd do without him. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HONEY! I LOVE YOU!
Summertime
1 year ago

3 comments:
So glad you found each other. Really cute picture.
Very cute! We need to come up and hang out sometime:)
wow 5 years! congrats, hope you did something fun!!
Post a Comment