Monday, May 2, 2011

Kase's Wedding

Easter Weekend we were in Utah for Kase's(Dax's younger brother) wedding. The kids and I actually went down with my parents on Wednesday and I got to spend all of Thursday seeing my 4 "Utah siblings." Great to see them, and bittersweet thinking that it will probably be the only time I see them all year. One of only two reasons I would want to live in Utah is to be close to them. I got to go running with Kim in the morning. The altitude was a beast, but felt so good. We went to the rec center in Herriman in the afternoon to go swimming. Hayden has no swimming recollections besides a kiddie pool last summer. He needed some warming up to it (I think he is just like me and wanted warmer water!). Thursday evening we had a dinner with my family.

Hayden and Sienna-They are a couple weeks apart

Kyra and Ethen-Kyra is 6 weeks his senior

The wedding events were a whirlwind, but we enjoyed the time that we did get to have with Dax's family. The sealing was wonderful, Elder Bednar acted as sealer. POWERFUL is the word I would use to describe him and his speaking. We were grateful to be there. Brielle was a beautiful bride and I am so excited to have her in the family! The luncheon turned out fabulously. That goes for both the decorations and the food By midway through the reception we were ready to call it a night after an early morning and a full day of events.

The most handsome boys EVER

At the temple...I should have thought about turning them OUT of the sun, but Hayden wasn't happy about sitting there in the first place so I was in a hurry
The 8 siblings and spouses
The siblings and parents
I love my baby girl!


Sunday we made the trip back, this time with Dax and his brother Vard in tow. The kids always do wonderful on long trips until we reach the Hermiston area. It seems their patience with being in a car maxes out at the same time. I am grateful I only had to play entertainer for 1 1/2 of the 12 hours.

Yes, I let her gnaw on an entire carrot
This could not have been comfortable, but he loved wearing the huge headphones so he could watch Tangled, over and over


0 comments: