Monday, May 16, 2011

Recommitted

I have been so horrible at blogging lately. It's not even that our lives have been extremely busy. I just haven't had a ton of motivation to be on the computer as of late and when I am I haven't had the inclination to type. My kids are doing new things every day though and because I write so slowly and it is so laborious to do(not to mention that being a lefty gives me some sweet pen marks on my writing hand), I am not a great journal writer. I need to find a system that works so that I can type my journals. Until then, I need to blog more about our lives! Lately...

Hayden:

  • Still loves to fight dragons with virtually anything that even remotely resembles a sword
  • Will randomly sit for 30+ minutes looking through books
  • Is a hair taller than his daddy was at the same age
  • Loves to go potty outside (something he discovered on our Utah trip...)
  • Tells me I look so pretty often enough to boost my self esteem
  • Has THICK, COARSE hair (Grandpa Wells' genes), his daddy's eyes and long thick lashes, and pretty much everything else is like his mama
Kyra:
  • Cut 3 teeth last Thursday, bringing the total to 5
  • Does an army crawl, can bring herself to a sitting position from lying down, and is a tiny bit from fully pulling herself to a standing position
  • Has long, thick lashes (I'm dying to see them with mascara in another 12 years)
  • Looks just like me at that age, except she has DARKer skin and hair, and has her daddy's LONG fingers and feet
  • Loves to clap and babble
  • Doesn't seem so much like a baby anymore (sigh)
Dax:
  • Still commuting 45 minutes each way to work and is in charge of the biggest lift Genie makes, the 135 model (meaning it goes 135 feet fully extended)
  • Has been working extremely hard to make something happen on the home building front (another post on it's own, but we'll see what happens in the near future)
  • Worked with my Dad and brothers on a sprinkler, fence, sod job recently (taking up 2 entire Saturdays) to earn extra money. Combine the fact that he looks really good dirty and is getting a tan...what a HUNK!
Me:
  • Being a mom, trying new recipes, learning to better organize, spending time with my kids
  • Recommitting myself to working out. I seem to go through cycles of great determination and not so great determination. Toyed with Insanity and am settling into P90X more seriously.
  • Recommitting myself to eating well. Let me rephrase: to eating less junk food. I eat really healthy things for my meals (ALL 100% whole grains, lots of fruits/veggies, lean meats and dairy), I just happen to add way too many calories on top of that as treats. The ironic thing is that I don't make or buy treats for that very reason. If I don't make them it is easy to stay away from eating them. A good reason we need to get our own house!
  • Looking for a good book to read!



0 comments: