Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Birthday Boy

Hayden turned 4 on the 6th!  I can hardly believe he is 4, it seems such a short time ago that it was just he and I at home.  His birthday fell on a Saturday so he was spoiled by getting to celebrate with Grandma and Grandpa Jensen and with all of the Wells family.  Grandma J made cupcakes for her house and an awesome jungle cake for Hayden to have with his cousins.  Hayden got a dinosaur lego set and a jeep lego set, Lightning Mcqueen and Finn Mcmissile cars, and a baseball glove.  He was in heaven.  Now he is obsessed with getting more lego sets.

A little about Hayden:

-Loves legos, as mentioned.  This morning he said, "Legos are my special toy, I love them."
-Loves to build, and take things apart to see how they work.
-Is really into making 'rules.'  Quite often he says, "Let's make a rule that..."
-Loves to snuggle in bed with us in the morning.
-Can be the biggest tease, but also the biggest sweetheart.
-Is good with numbers.
-Is learning to read (he is very capable, but has no desire to do it...I believe in the power of incentives)
-Always wants to be with his dad
-Knows the first 4 articles of faith. Memorizing comes easy to him, but he lacks desire for them. We learn the songs
-Weighed 42 lbs and was 43.5 inches tall at his 2 year appt.


 Notice the gum in the side of his mouth?  He nearly always has gum...he eats meals with it in his mouth unless I realize it and make him take it out.
 I have the cutest boy ever.

We are so grateful to have Hayden in our lives, and love him so much!

0 comments: