I have not updated in a while because I feel like I am running all day. I feel like I am always trying to play catch up with my house cleaning and everything else that needs to be done. Here's the latest run-around:
I tackled bottling salsa and applesauce...alone with 3 kids. Yes, Crazy with a capital C. I did 7 quarts and 7 pints of salsa, and 40 quarts of applesauce. I am debating if I am too burned out to do more salsa...
I had a birthday! 26 on the 26th. Dax normally buys me an ice cream cake with chip and mint ice cream, but told me our Wal-mart does not have ice cream cakes. I didn't have the heart to tell him he probably just didn't look in the right spot. The cake and ice cream were great anyway. For a date we went to dinner and the high school football game kid-free!
Taylee sits in the bumbo for 15 minutes and better yet...sleeps about 8 hours at night! She started smiling, and I can't get enough of her chubby cheeks. I call her 'angel baby,' a blessing from heaven because I could not handle a fussy baby and Kyra. I can't even handle Kyra-see below the cute pictures for more details...
My case in point: yesterday she dumped a 64 oz container of apple juice ON MY COUCH. I ran upstairs to check the printer and she walked over to the counter, grabs the container and carries it to the front room, opens it and dumps it ALL on the couch. It soaked to the bottom and dripped onto the carpet as well. Hard to find happy place when you see apple juice dripping out the bottom of the couch.
Hayden and Dax went canoeing with a friend. It turned out more adventurous than they thought, and they ended up stuck on a rock and then got turned around while going through some rapids.
My friend Ashlee and I started preschool once a week for Hayden and her boy Parx.
Hayden learned how to"fly." His face in his picture says it all.
Hayden got deliriously sick for a day. After he woke up from this position he was screaming/crying and walked into the front room where I was fixing the computer keys. Next thing I know he is urinating on me. He drank so much water that day that it was fire hose pressure. By the time I got him out the front door it was all over me, the couch, the carpet, and the computer. Funny now, NOT funny then.
I am trying not to go crazy as I prepare for super Saturday. Being in charge isn't very fun sometimes, especially when you have no committee. I will post the projects I have been working on at a later time.
The General Women's broadcast was wonderful. I got to watch at home and actually listen! The kids fell asleep one by one as they listened with me.
Dax and I remembered that laughter is the best medicine. Thanks Bill Engvall.














4 comments:
Sounds crazy (but familiar!) Glad to know there's someone else in the trenches with me!
Oh Jennifer, that does not sound fun! They are sure sweet while their sleeping though. Maybe this week will have less episodes like that.
Happy Birthday! You are quite the Wonder Woman!
What an adventurous life! I always love your posts. I know I'm not alone in our exciting lives of motherhood. Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment