Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Getting a Groove

We are still alive, despite a lack of journaling evidence.  We are just finding a groove and living life.  I am really enjoying the stage of life I am in.  Yes, it is hard, and sometimes no fun at all (think 5 and 3 year-old fights and toddler messes), but I love to be with my kids to witness it all.  There is nothing more precious than a Lu-loo (love you) from my baby, a tender kiss from Kyra, and a morning snuggle with my Hayden. 

I feel like the chaos of the first year as a mother of three little ones hardened me in a way that is no bueno, and I am working on softening myself back up.  I couldn't get to every incident immediately with a nursing baby and two active preschoolers, and barking commands from another room became so normal I have to think really hard to NOT do it.  Hopefully with time I can once again feel like the patient, loving Momma I used to be.  Having 3 little ones as energetic as mine requires lots of patience and lots of energy from me, but I am so grateful for their energy and know if I can channel it that it will serve my children well.   

Thank goodness we have a yard and thank goodness we are heading into spring!  I am ready to pack away the bulk of winter!

0 comments: