These are going to be random, because that is what happens when you download all of the phone pictures from the last 2 months.
Hayden has really taken off in his love of reading. I am thankful, because after he learned to read it was still enough of a struggle for him that he never wanted to read independently. I didn't push it and just read to him when we did family read aloud. Technically kindergarteners don't take AR tests for books they read, but because he goes to 1st grade for reading and math the teacher has let him, and he has enjoyed it. He told me he read Black Beauty at school, and while I don't think he got all of the book, I am impressed that he read a 7th grade reading level book and understood enough to get through it with interest. He is counting down the days until school is out and is excited to try homeschooling.
The girls love to be "big helpers in our family" in their words. Kyra specifically loves to do the laundry and help with washing dishes. She can do the laundry mostly unaided if I sort the clothes and pull out anything that needs to be hung to dry. If only she had the same interest to keep her room clean...
Grandma Jensen always has the best Easter egg hunts for the grandkids. This year every kid got to find a golden egg that they could turn in for a prize on top of the candy and coin filled eggs.
The girls get to come with me on a lot of errands because they are (mostly) old enough to not make it a terrible, stressful time. We even had a girl day in Tri-Cities, and they did surprisingly well. Their highlight is always Costco, pretty much the only time I have bought them pop.
Hayden entered the work safety poster contest through Dax's work. He spent an hour and a half to make his poster the morning it was due, but we got it turned in. We didn't expect anything, it is a national competition. However, Dax's safety team had prizes for the kids. Hayden got 2nd place in his age group and they gave him a $50 Wal-mart giftcard. It was pretty much the best surprise ever for him. He spent most of his fun money part of it on a Lego set and books at the book fair.
They had an awards party for all of the kids who entered.
When we have a nice Sunday evening where we are just home we like to take walks in the neighborhood. The kids would rather be "off road" than on.
We went to Tri-Cities as a family and when we go we like to take the kids to the temple grounds.
Grandma Jensen is always good about dropping whatever she is doing and reading the kids books when they beg her to. It is something I am sure they will always remember.
Pretty sure this is the last belly shot I have. I think I was about 30 weeks. We are getting excited for this baby to make his appearance now that I am 38 weeks!
My 3 little ninjas. I think it is good for the girls that Hayden came first, or else we would be a little more on the girly side in this house than I can handle. He does a good job of making sure they stay tough and play boy things when he is around.










0 comments:
Post a Comment