Sunday, August 17, 2008

Movin' On

Well we are in the process of packing up the house, we are leaving early Friday morning for Utah. The plan is to go up for my brother's wedding this weekend, and then Dax will come back down for one more week of work while I stay in Utah (I can't imagine traveling both ways twice in a week will be too pleasant at 8 months). I'll feel bad for him all alone in our empty apartment, but he'd rather not have lots of stuff left to pack up the second time around. So my intent is to leave the place as clean as I can, so that he can take the time alone to focus on studying for the GRE (which he is taking Sept. 4th).

This last week I also read Breaking Dawn...it was one of the better books.  Although I was really bothered that the chapters from Jacob's perspective went on and on (for those of you who read the books). Let's just say he wasn't my favorite character. It all worked out in the end though. It's a good thing the Olympics had already started, so Dax didn't feel too neglected while I read it. We are really enjoying watching all of the Olympic events, especially the volleyball teams! We also made sure that we stayed up to watch "history in the making" whenever Michael Phelps was racing.

I don't have a picture right now, but I'm definitely getting bigger. I finally decided the rubber band trick was getting too uncomfortable and I'd better invest in a pair of maternity pants. Only 7 more weeks to go! Speaking of babies, we are excited that my sister-in-law Lauren is having her baby tomorrow, and we also just found out that my sister Shandiin is expecting. Congratulations! I told my Mom that she is going to have a steady stream of grandchildren coming for the next few decades, but then realized that she's already had that for the last 10 years!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Yeah,I want to see pictures of you! Hope that you have a good time in Utah and a safe drive. Good luck Dax on your test. You are getting so close Jenn, do you have any names? :)

Tina Braegger said...

Haha I wish that was our exciting post! :) Well, we can;t wait for you guys to come back! have a safe trip!

Michelle said...

We miss you here in Flagstaff already. We hope you made it to Utah safely and are enjoying your break before school begins.
Cole & Michelle