Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From There to Here

Well we made it to Rexburg! Lots has happened in the last couple of weeks. Here is what we've been up to from there (Flagstaff) to here.

We got packed up on Thursday the 21st with the intent to leave at 5 the next morning for Utah, but after we got everything in the blazer, we decided spur of the moment to leave that night. We drove until nearly 4 in the morning and made it to Beaver, UT before we decided we were too tired to go any further. After stopping to sleep we drove to my sister's house in Herriman, UT. My brother Ben had a reception that night and was sealed the next day in the Bountiful temple. 9 of my 10 siblings were at the wedding so it was fun to see everyone and catch up. Only Paul was missing and he's in Korea on his mission.

The siblings (minus Paul) and their spouses
All of the nieces and nephews. Our baby will make 15 (I'm in the picture because I'm still pregnant)


Dax having a thumb war with our nephews Mason and Ozkar

Our expanding family

Dax flew back to Flagstaff on Sunday afternoon to work the next week and I stayed with my sister Kim and her family for several days and my brother Josh and his family for a couple of days. My brother's wife Lauren just had a baby (she came to the wedding 4 days after having her baby!), so it was definitely a wake up call to see all of the care a newborn needs. Babies are so cute though. I was able to borrow a lot of baby clothes from both my sister and sister-in-law which is such a blessing! Our baby has his first 9 months of clothing ready for him in the closet. :)
I also redid a mini crib for our baby to sleep in for the first several months (I don't know if a full crib will fit in our apartment, but Dax's sister Taneil refinished one for us that is beautiful!) I sanded it and my sister helped me paint it and she also made me some sheets to fit the small mattress. Thanks Kim!

Before (it was bad)...

After (it's a pretty chocolate brown)...

Dax was supposed to drive up on Saturday morning, but ended up coming Friday evening and surprised me! This was the first time we have been apart for a week, and I was a little more emotional without him around. It's so nice to be back together again.

Monday morning we left Herriman for Rexburg. We had a smooth trip, besides the fact that Dax let the blazer run out of gas on the highway! He always gets too close to empty just to see how far he can really go, and this time he found out. Luckily we have 2 cars and he was able to take the other to get some gas while I waited in the blazer. When we got here our friend Kenny and his brother helped move all of the big things into the apartment, and I have spent the last couple of days unpacking. We're excited to be back and we're excited for what lies ahead for us in the near future. This semester will be hard, but we hope that we're able to handle everything. I'm about a month away from my due date...hopefully things go smoothly for the rest of the time!

Dax filling up on I-15


6 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

LOL that is Colby to! He always waits to see how much farther he can go. So bad for the car. Any ways...I'm exited that your back in Rexburg We will all have to get together sometime:)

The Price Family said...

It's great to hear that you guys made it back! We will have to get together. I'm excited for the BABY to COME, they are a lot of work but well worth it.

Anonymous said...

how fun that almost your whole family was together. It is so fun!! Glad you made it back safe and only ran out of gas 1 time:)

Lindsay said...

So glad you guys are back safe and sound! I want to come see you before the semester starts and life gets so busy for all of us!

Josh said...

Nice Dax,
I am glad to see that you put the blazer to the test. I am sure that you really knew what was going on, but obviously the trailer skewed the gas milage.

Have fun in burgtown.

Dave & Taneil said...

I'm excited about the little crib, space saving is always nice. So you ran her out of gas huh Dax? You know the Balzer expects you to treat her right...
Love, t