I just have to start by saying that one of the things that I love about Dax is he always tries to take note of things and make special occasions just that, special. Friday was my birthday, and although the big present was the glider that we bought, Dax made sure to get me some special things that I wasn't expecting. For example, my sister and I were talking the other day about how the most divine candle we have ever smelled is the pomegranate scent. I didn't even think twice about it after that, but Dax surprised me with a pomegranate candle for my birthday. Another example is when Dax was getting dressed one morning he put on his zip-up hoodie and I commented on how it would be nice to have one of those instead of having to pull them over my head and mess up my hair. After I made the comment I completely forgot about it, but he got me a zip-up hoodie for my birthday as well (I have to get a different size, but the thought was sweet). The thing is, this isn't the first time that Dax has done this; every single birthday, Christmas, or other special occasion he always gets me exactly what I want, although I don't realize it because when he really does ask me what I'd like I can never think of anything. Anyway, if he reads this he is going to be so embarrassed, but I just had to write about how thoughtful he is and how much I love him.

My yummy birthday cake (we forgot to take a picture until everyone already had some, but you get the idea)



6 comments:
How sweet, and Happy birthday to you!! I am awaiting the post that says your little man has arrived!
Happy Birthday! I understand that you just celebrated your birthday but have you had a baby shower yet? I was thinking about you this morning and would love to give you one if you haven't. I know its getting really close and I keep checking to see if you have had that baby but let me know! Also you will love rocking your baby in that glider. When I had Trey we didn't have anything so I made sure for my Christmas present I had one for Jackson.
Let me know about the baby shower. Jodi
I'm horrible, I forgot your b-day! Sorry. So HAPPY late BIRTHDAY! Looks like it was good...like that cake! :) Very familar.
It was good seeing you last night. Cute post and happy late birthday.
Jen you have to let us know when the big day comes. I am so excited for you. Just remember that it is all so worth it once you are holding your little baby. I know you'll do great. Also I wanted to tell you to take advantage of the jacuzzi at the hospital. It really helps. Can't wait to hear from you.
Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a lot of fun! We miss our old card games with you guys, things have been so busy we haven't even gotten around to playing again!
Chelsea
Post a Comment