Monday, January 5, 2009

3 Weeks of Fun and 3 Months Old

We had so much fun over Christmas break with our families. We spent the first week home with my family and then we went to Dax's parents and spent almost two weeks. My family got to go to Utah because my brother Paul came home from his mission (I'm so excited to see him!! If ever two siblings were two peas in a pod it was me and Paul). All of Dax's family was home (plus his brother-in-law's parents) so it was a full house, but lots of fun. Some of our many activities were: watching movies, swimming, going out to eat, inner tubing on the snow, a ward Christmas party, basketball (mainly for Dax), hanging out, attending a bridal shower, wedding, and reception, and watching more movies. We were glad to be home and see everyone.

While we stayed with Dax's family I fed Hayden in our room during the night because every room in the house was full (I usually leave so he can get some sleep...there's no need for both of us to be sleep deprived). I think he gained an appreciation for the effort it takes to be up and not get enough sleep! :)

Although we loved being home we are so glad to be back in Rexburg. It seemed like the longer we were home the worse Hayden slept, waking up a couple of times a night. It was so nice to come home last night and have him sleep 8 hours again! He definitely knows this place, he was happier and more talkative when we got home than he's been the whole break (not that he wasn't a pleasant baby though).

Hayden will be 3 months old tomorrow, and he is getting so big! I finally had to put away all the clothes he's been wearing and upgrade to bigger sizes. He doesn't go to the doctor again until February, and I can hardly wait to see how much he's grown. He is more and more fun all the time. We discovered that he is ticklish in his ribs and is it so fun to make him laugh. He HATES tummy time, which makes it hard to really keep him on his stomach for more than just a couple of minutes because he just screams. He is nearly always wide-eyed and loves to look around and see what is out there. He also discovered his hands! He loves to suck his fingers, and I frequently remove them and replace them with a pacifier. However, I think there isn't anything I can do, he'll probably be a finger sucker. We love him so much and are so grateful that he is a part of our family.

Just a cute picture!

Dax's sister Makala gave us this cute little outfit that says "My First Christmas"
Sucking those fingers

All the nieces and nephews (the 3 on the left are Taneil's-the 3 on the right are Makala's)

4 comments:

Phil and Holly said...

Bruin was the same way over the break- waking up like 3 times a night it was awful! Babies seem to just KNOW they can take advantage of mom and dad during vacations! Phil and I just kept feeding him everytime he woke up so he wouldn't wake up the other babies, but soon as we got home it was boot camp again :) but he was happy to be home too.
Oh, I heard that sucking the fingers is actually ok because if they lose their pacifier in bed or whatever they can easily find their fingers and soothe themselves back to sleep! We swaddle Bruin so I wouldnt know but it sounds logical!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys had a busy break! But sounds like lots of fun. I can't believe Hayden is 3 months old already, he is sure a cutie!

Lindsay said...

What a fun break! I can't believe how big and how handsome Hayden is! You look great too, Jen! I'm sure you're already back up to running 5 miles a day or something awesome like that! So what's the plan for next semester for you?

Tina Braegger said...

I love all the pictures, what a cute kid you guys have! And Jen..you look amazing, I hope I look like you after I have a baby! You are so skinny!! :)