Thursday, January 22, 2009

Recovery Times 3

We are all recovering around our house...

I took Hayden into the doctor and they gave me an antibiotic which I started to give him. He probably spits up the medicine every other time I give it to him so I don't even know if it is doing him any good, but it has given him diarrhea. The actual diarrhea doesn't seem to bother him, but he now has a nasty rash that he hates to have touched...poor boy. This medicine better take his cough away or I will not be one happy mama. However, Hayden handles it all like a champ just as always. He is so close to rolling over from his back to his stomach...he just has to figure out how to get his arm out of the way. Every time I put him down he starts trying to roll over right away. I don't think he's as close to rolling over from his back to his stomach though.

Dax hurt his back playing basketball a while ago and it just hasn't gotten better. He has started going to the chiropractor so hopefully he'll get it all taken care of. Either way, he uses it as a pretty good excuse to get a back massage every now and then. :) Dax is enjoying basketball (even though his practice is a 6 in the morning) and has his first game his Saturday at 2. He's hoping that he gets some good playing time.

I'm recovering from having a baby all over again. I went in the other day and had my stitches cut open and re sutured because they didn't heal right the first time. I had more trepidation going in for this procedure than I did for labor and delivery. At least there was a baby at the end of all of that! I hate needles and knives coming into contact with my body (one of the reasons I didn't want an epidural), and I also hate the feel of the thread being pulled through my skin. Dax was gracious enough to come with me, and I appreciated the support. Anyway, for some reason the stitches hurt more this time around. Unless I'm laying down I feel like there is pressure on the stitches that makes them hurt, even with great pain medicine. Hopefully this time around things heal right and I'm able to fully recover. However, I am enjoying my water aerobics class and staying home with Hayden nearly all the time!

We're all still in good spirits...here's to a great recovery for all of us!

(And of course, a few pictures of Hayden)


7 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

We missed you guys this last weekend. Colby had called Dax to have you guys over for dinner but he never called back. So maybe another time. I hope that you feel better too. I hate all that stuff also. And Hayden is getting sooooo stinking cute:)

Anonymous said...

I have to say I cringed the most when I read what you are recovering from, I can't even imagine! Of course having a sick baby is never fun. Let's hope you all recovery quickly and correctly:)

*~McGarys~* said...

That would be fun:) Maybe this Sunday? We have church till 12. So we could do an early dinner at 5ish depending on when you have church.

The Price Family said...

I also hope you all recover well! Lay back as much as possible and take good care of each other.

Samantha said...

Hayden is darling. He has quite the smile!! I hope the healing process for you all is getting better.

Lindsay said...

Oh Jen you poor thing! I am so sorry you have to go through that all over again! I hope you all get better soon!

Tina Braegger said...

Holy cow Jen! Now you can say that you have really been through it all! I hope all of you guys get better, that doesn't sound like too much fun. Your little boy is sooo cute though! :) Let us know if you need anything.