Well honestly we don't have a lot of exciting news to share. School started so we're getting back into the swing of things. I'm only taking 6 credits this semester which will be so nice! I'm only gone for an hour on Monday and Wednesday mornings for a water aerobics class while Hayden is still asleep (usually). Then I have a 3 hour afternoon class on Thursdays. The other class is an online family class that Dax and I are taking together. It is SO nice to be home all day! Hayden grows and changes so much each day and I can't imagine being gone and missing it. Today he and I started making sounds to each other and we both ended up laughing for 5 entire minutes...he's never laughed that long before! I can't remember the last time my mouth hurt because I was smiling so much. It was so fun. On the downside Hayden has been sick. He caught a cold while we were in Washington and he just has not gotten over his cough. He mainly coughs at night, but he gets into these coughing fits and I worry about him being able to breathe. If it's not better in a couple of more days (he's already had it almost 2 weeks) then I'm going to call the pediatrician. He is still so happy though, and he contributes so much to our happiness.
In other news...Dax is going to play competitive basketball this semester. We figured it's our last semester and he'd probably never get a chance to play like this again so he might as well take advantage of it. I'm excited for him. Something I'm not so excited about is that Dax is going home to Washington this weekend (weather permitting) alone. We brought his parent's van back to school because there was no way we would have been able to fit our Christmas stuff into the car...it was full on the way to Washington. So since it's a 3 day weekend he is going to go home and trade back. Hayden and I have never had to spend a night alone so I'm not too thrilled about it, but taking Hayden all the way to Washington to stay a day and come back is not something I'm thrilled about either. We'll see how it goes.
Summertime
1 year ago





6 comments:
Oh, Dax will love the basketball. I played my last year there (which was actually their first year doing it) and I loved every minute of it!! That is the one thing about high school that I missed was the competitive sports. Tell him good luck with that. Good luck to you with having him gone over the weekend, hope everything goes as planned.
Let us know when he has a game. We would love to come watch. Also we are wanting to get together with you guys. Maybe this weekend? Let me know and I'll talk to Colby. i know that Saturday we have nothing going on.
Your baby is changing so much. I think he looks like you. He has your cute little face. Very cute!
Hayden is getting so big. He's adorable. If you want to be invited to that other blog leave me your email. IT's a blog that a couple friends started to motivate each other losing weight. (Getting off the baby fat from pregnancy) Anyhow, Good luck this weekend. Jen
OH Jen I am so glad to hear your semester will be so much better this time around. Hayden is so dang cute! He does look like just the happiest little boy! Good luck with your alone-night, I hate when Kenny's gone too.
I can't believe how big Hayden is getting. I love his smile! What a cutie. I hope he get feeling better soon. Sometimes if you lift the crib mattress up a little with a pillow or something not as much mucus runs down his throat which is probably causing him to cough. Anyway hope things go well this semester for you guys. We need to get together.
Post a Comment