Friday, February 12, 2010

The Screwtape Letters

First off, can I say that C.S. Lewis was an inspired genius? To even think of some of the things that he wrote about in this book is so far beyond my capacity that I almost feel ashamed. However, luckily someone was inspired and I can benefit from that inspiration. If you have not read this book I HIGHLY recommend it. I have just spent the last 10 minutes writing sentences to describe some of the things I've realized in myself only to delete them because I can't explain it right. This book made me think so deeply about some of Satan's pitfalls that are so easy to fall into, but just being conscious of them makes them easier to avoid. The totality of the book (for those who don't know) consists of an experienced devil named Screwtape writing a series of letters to his nephew (a much inexperienced devil) named Wormwood, instructing him on the way to go about claiming a soul for the devil. I feel as if I'm just rambling on and can't get out the words I'm trying to say. Just read it!