Sunday, June 20, 2010

1st Time Camping

Friday afternoon we went up Spanish Fork Canyon for an overnight camping trip as part of a ward Elder's Quorum activity. Hayden was in heaven, although the ground was so bumpy and the foliage so tall that he took some pretty good falls and has scrapes on his tummy and knees to show for it. He loved that Mom let him have 2 hot dogs and chips for dinner!

Unfortunately I forgot Dax's sleeping bag, and the one I borrowed from my sister is mummy style so you can't unzip it all the way. Let's just say Hayden and I were a little cold, and Dax was REALLY cold. I was worried about how Hayden would sleep there, but he slept through the night. The only problem we had was him wanting "outside, outside" when it was time to go to sleep. Those were the first words he said the next morning as well.

It just so happens that our last camping trip fell 2 years ago when I was 7 months pregnant, as I am now. I told Dax that we need to start timing trips where we sleep on the ground a little better.

Hayden wanted to be in a "Hayden burrito" several times a day prior to our camping trip


Unfortunately these are the only pictures I took while we were actually camping



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're going to make camping a pregnancy tradition you should invest in a really nice air mattress:)

Samantha said...

So fun!! We haven't been camping in sooo long.