Sunday, June 20, 2010

Unexpected Road Trip



On Saturday I went to Park City with my sister-in-law Lauren to go shopping at the factory outlets kid-free. It was nice to get out and have some girl time. On our way back we were talking so much that we missed the exit to come back and didn't realize it until 50 miles later when I was talking to Dax on the phone.
Dax: Where are you?
Me: Um, I-80 east, is that bad?
Dax: Is that bad? Uh, yes.
Me: (As I spot the "Welcome to Wyoming" sign) Oh man, we're in Wyoming?!?
Dax: Jen, you are 100 miles from Provo. LONG sigh

I don't know how we were so involved in conversation that we forgot to turn onto US 189, or how we managed to drive for 45 minutes before it dawned on us, but there you have it. As penance to our husbands we stopped by Cafe Rio for take out dinner (Lauren actually bought ours as a peace offering for Dax. Thanks Lauren!). When I got home Dax said, "Well I'm glad you were at least having a good conversation."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! Just tell Dax he got to have some more Father/Son bonding time:)

Kari said...

That is so funny!

Mak Attack said...

Made me laugh. We need to go on a road trip Jen. I'll just close my eyes.

Tina Braegger said...

hahaha nothing like a good bit of girl talking :)

I love the camping pics. Hayden is such a big boy! What a cutie!!