Today I was just thinking about how grateful I am for GOOD haircuts. Two haircuts ago I had what I thought was a great haircut. I had not had my hair above my shoulders for over 7 years, and so I was really nervous about getting over a foot chopped off. I got a very slight A line with lots of layers put in and I really liked it. However, it started growing out and getting to that awkward phase where it flips out on its own. I decided that although I liked the cut, I wanted something that I could pull back easily. So a couple of weeks ago I went in to the same girl who gave me the great haircut, and told her what I was thinking. 40 minutes later I am holding back tears and telling her how awful my hair looks. The front was so choppy, and she spent 20 minutes gradually taking it shorter and shorter. Finally she realized that nothing but time was going to fix it. I wont even post pictures of it because I'm trying to avoid too many pictures until it grows out. I have to put a bobby pin in it AT ALL TIMES. The girl said she wouldn't charge me for the cut, but because I had a discount I told her I wanted free products instead. We walked over to the products and she offered me the most expensive product she had put in my hair. I told her I would like that product and the other product she put in my hair. She told me to choose one, and I told her I really would like both of them (kindly). We stood in silence for a minute and then she told me I could take both of them. So I suppose my consolation is 30 dollars worth of free products. I'll take a good haircut over free products any day.
I seem to have spread the "bad haircut germs" because my sister, sister-in-law, and several friends all seem to have received disappointing haircuts shortly after I got mine. Thank goodness that hair grows back!!
Summertime
1 year ago

3 comments:
way to get the free product! I guess I can't feel too bad for my hair, seeing that it's only my bangs and not the length of my hair, but you're right thankfully it does grow back:)
Now you made me curious what it looks like:) I bet you don't look that bad but I know how it feels. I had a really bad haircut once and I was horrified and have never cut my hair short since then. Too bad we can't just throw on a hat like guys do. Maybe invest in some really cute winter hats:)
I'm going to go try and have mine fixed tomorrow.
Post a Comment