Nothing makes you feel more self conscious than the honesty of a child.
The other day I was talking with Dax about getting new jeans (all of my jeans besides one pair I've had for 7+ years) because they are all so thin and saggy and I used the phrase"saggy jeans." Hayden caught on to it and said, "Mommy have saggy jeans." We laughed at how funny it sounded coming from him. Now he keeps saying, "Mommy have saggy jeans" when I wear my jeans.
With all of the stress I had a couple of weeks ago with preparing food for a large crowd, reading Dax's thesis, spending my first days alone with 2 kids, leaving Hayden for the first time over several nights, getting to the airport, making a late night flight/drive to my parents house, worrying about Dax's interviews, and stressing about which job to take and the specifics of that job, my face began to break out like I was a teenager. One day shortly after we were back from our trip I was sitting on the couch with Hayden. All of the sudden it dawns on him that I have spots all over my face. Our conversation went like this:
Hayden: Mommy have 'owies' (as he starts to point to all of them)
Me: Yeah Hayden mommy has lots of owies
Hayden: Mommy wash it off!
Me: I wish I could wash it off bud
Hayden: (with a concerned look) I kiss it ALL better
If only it was that simple. The sweet thing is that he really believes that when I kiss his scratches, bruises, scrapes, and bonks that they really do get all better.
Summertime
1 year ago

3 comments:
Gotta love the magical powers of mommy's kisses. They aren't quite so magical to Nicole now.
Sorry you had such a stressful time. I hope things are looking up now. I think I'm feeling your pain, breaking out like crazy, it's gotta be the stress in our family life. Anyways kisses always make it better. Libby has some funny times of wanting me to kiss her owies.
I too am sorry about the stress but hopefully that is passing. Max told me that I was chunky the other day. Atleast Hayden wanted to kiss your "owies" away. My kid just thinks I'm chunky! I just told him yup I am while eating a candy bar! :O)
Post a Comment