Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trying to "Let It Go"

While I have so many other things I am behind on blogging about, I have had one thing occupying some part of my conscious or subconscious mind since our move, so this is where I begin. Somewhere in our move we lost a box or had it stolen. To be honest, if it had been any other box I would be over it by now. However, this was our "hygiene" box. I think every single day since we have been in Washington I have thought about another thing that was in that box that I really need or want. Dax says he saw it in the Uhaul here in Washington, and we had a bolt on the Uhaul the entire time we had it besides when it was being unloaded. I have unloaded everything in our storage unit three times, just to be sure I didn't miss it. I have scoured my parent's house looking for it, but to no avail. This isn't a small box that could be easily misplaced either. It was a good 18" x18". The only thing I can think of is that someone walked up while things were being unloaded and took it. I can't think of any other alternative...and I have been through hundreds of scenarios in my head. After the first week my mom told me that we probably wouldn't find it and I should try and let it go and be OK not knowing what happened to it, but I' m really struggling with that. Especially because nearly every day I want something that was in that box!

-3 tubes of mary kay concealer
-mary kay eyebrow pencil
-perfume that Dax bought me in Paris (Dax especially is lamenting this one)
-enough toothpaste and toothbrushes to last a year
-enough of Dax's razors to last a year (he doesn't use a cheap one either)
-4 bottles of contact solution
-old spice and dove deodorant for Dax and I for nearly a year
- brand new MAC eye shadow in corduroy
-liter bottles of Biolage shampoo and conditioner (which I LOVE but don't normally purchase...I got this on a steal of a deal)
-regis salon straightening spray
-3 body sprays
-body wash and dial soap for 6 months
-all curling irons besides my straightener (3)
-big bottle of curel and jergens lotion
-nail polish and removers
-my kids' body wash, shampoo
-enough facial moisturizer for a year

All in all, over $400 worth of products that I so carefully accumulated for us. Who knows where?...I wish I did

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me sick for you! Those kinds of things occupy my mind as well until it is found or solved. I really hope you come across it but if not that is very irritating that people do those kinds of things. It has been over a year since we were burglarized and I still have issues letting it go:)

On a better note I didn't know you guys are in Othello I thought you were going to be in Moses. We are finally here now and should get together. Right now I am just trying to get our house put together and it is proving to be a lot longer of a process than I had anticipated.

RileyDestry said...

Ugh, so annoying. Just think, maybe one day it'll turn up in he most random of situations and you'll be so grateful for the year supply of everything.

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

I hate losing things. A couple moves ago we lost a box of kitchen stuff that had my favorite pans and mixing bowls in it. I still keep hoping it will show up hiding in a mis-marked box that's in storage.

I hope yours shows up for you! You had lots of important stuff in it!