I decided that it's time to crack down on a serious attempt at potty training. We've had a potty chair for over 6 months, and I've just encouraged Hayden to sit on it to get used to it, but we've never had a serious attempt to "go" in it. Yesterday after Hayden woke up I put him in underwear and within 10 minutes he had urinated and had a bowel movement in his underwear. It's almost like he was saying, "Welcome to potty training, mom!" We went through 7 pair of underwear yesterday and had one successful use of the potty chair. We started a sticker chart, and Hayden decided that when it is all the way full that he wants a buzz lightyear (I figure it's about the same price as a month of diapers for him). This morning we've had one accident and two successes! I really think he is just starting to gain control over his urinary tract. He seems to be trying to hold it to go, and yesterday at the end of the day he would run to me as soon as he was urinating, but didn't seem to be able to stop it. We'll give it a few more days and see if his control gets any better. I'm hopeful, and Hayden is definitely motivated by the fact that he gets two M&Ms and a sticker on the chart each time he goes. A sticker alone didn't seem to be motivation enough for him. :)
Summertime
1 year ago

1 comments:
When you said stickers weren't enough for him it made me think about what we did for max while potty training. We started with stickers than we went to: candy charts, prize charts, painting priveldges, and Josh even offered him money. :) don't give up. Hang in there and good luck Hayden.
Post a Comment