Friday night the engineering team that Dax works with had a Christmas party. It is always nice to go and meet people that Dax works with.
Saturday at 8:30 AM was our ward Christmas party (I don't who planned the time). We were actually Mary and Joseph for the nativity, and it felt weird to wear a 'baby bump' again. At least I got the bump while the rest of me got to stay slender. :) They had breakfast casseroles and sugar-laden cereals/muffins for breakfast...all so nutritious. The breakfast casserole was good. They let Hayden be little boy Jesus when the wise men came bringing gifts. He was so excited, and so cute. I cried when he hugged the wise men after they presented their gifts. A lady in the ward took our picture afterward, but I don't have it yet.
Sunday night was Dax's extended family get-together. I think it was a record year for numbers...probably close to 70. It helps that 7 babies were added to their family this year. Hayden sung "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" for the talent sharing portion. I tried to hold back tears, but I was so proud that he wanted to sing in front of so many people.
Friday morning we go to Dax's parent's and Saturday we go to mine until after Christmas morning. We will then spend a fun week at Dax's parent's house with family. We are hoping they get some snow so we can sled behind the 4-wheeler. We have 3 inches here. Dax gets nearly 2 weeks for Christmas, and doesn't have to use a single vacation day!

2 comments:
I'm in the relief society presidency and plan our activities too. I might have to use your candle idea for next year. It's really cute! This year we made a few fun crafts. Sounds like you have been busy partying it up. Have fun with your families! We were just talking about you guys the other day and how much we miss hanging out with good friends like you guys. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
So glad to have your company this week. I love the candle. So festive!
Post a Comment